[GDT] Vancouver @ Calgary, Thursday November 16th, 6PM PST

Lewlowned

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

JR is the man. He's the one who hired Allvin and had as much input into Tocchet being coach as anyone else. JR is the boss. He's the one with 3 Stanley Cups with 2 different teams and had Alvinn as assistant manager in PIT.

Obviously PA is doing a great job. But JR is the main character. 

If JR can lead the Canucks to a Stanley Cup before he retires, that would add to an already amazing legacy, and it would make him instant royalty in the Vancouver market. He seems pretty motivated to get this done even approaching his 75th birthday.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

I'm seriously thinking about driving down to Santa Monica for four months to get the hell out of the winter up here. Haha! 

Santa Monica is very nice, expensive but very nice.  A friend of mine use to live there and I'd visit when we went to LA.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Cali Canuck said:

Santa Monica is very nice, expensive but very nice.  A friend of mine use to live there and I'd visit when we went to LA.

Yeah, it's definitely one of the better areas of LA. I've lived there on and off for about five years, so it's great to get to see long-time friends and usually, enjoy much better winters than Vancouver or Calgary! The last time I was there early January 2018, the weather was amazing the entire winter. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Blue said:

The Flames would be the kind of team to take Hughs's number and run him all night till he gets bruised up or injured. 

That's why Tocchet will pair him with Juulsen for the most part.  Juuls isn't much of a fighter, but he'll run Kadri et al thru the glass at the slightest provocation.  The kid hits like a freight truck ... just so long as he doesn't get out of position looking for the big hit

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Yeah, it's definitely one of the better areas of LA. I've lived there on and off for about five years, so it's great to get to see long-time friends and usually, enjoy much better winters than Vancouver or Calgary! The last time I was there early January 2018, the weather was amazing the entire winter. 

You're preaching to the converted !!

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, 5forFighting said:

Is it pedal to the metal, petal to the metal, petal to the medal or pedal to the medal?

It’s definitely the first one. Try not to meddle with the English language. It’s a beast that’ll run ya down like a Hronek slap shot 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Googlie said:

That's why Tocchet will pair him with Juulsen for the most part.  Juuls isn't much of a fighter, but he'll run Kadri et al thru the glass at the slightest provocation.  The kid hits like a freight truck ... just so long as he doesn't get out of position looking for the big hit

Yeah. Gotta be ready. The game plan could very well be to goon it up.