[GDT] Vancouver @ Calgary, Thursday November 16th, 6PM PST

Lewlowned

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Dummies. 

he said that seriously too. 

the highest scoring team in the league (2nd closest is 11 goals back) but apparently our depth sucks... and that's coming from a guy who covers a team whose leading scorer has 9 points lol. 

the cope around the league regarding out team has been hilarious and unreal so far. They're acting like we achieved our record with a team full of Megnas and Chaputs. 😁

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

he said that seriously too. 

the highest scoring team in the league (2nd closest is 11 goals back) but apparently our depth sucks... and that's coming from a guy who covers a team whose leading scorer has 9 points lol. 

the cope around the league regarding out team has been hilarious and unreal so far. They're acting like we achieved our record with a team full of Megnas and Chaputs. 😁

On the flip side the Oilers are gonna win the cup again.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

If we win we will be 1st in the league, imagine predicting that after our 10-0 walloping in the pre season.

And in that 10-0 shellacking only players without a negative +/- rating were Karlsson and Hirose, both at 0

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

We're going to lose this game against the Flames aren't we. 

Late game, went into OT. This spells to me like a game where we just don't have the legs to keep up with Calgary tonight. 

I would not be mad if we lost tonight. Hell of a game we played last night to come back from 0-2 deficit and win. 

Gotta sign Quinn to a life time contract when this current deal expires. I hope he stays in blue and green forever

In theory all you said about tonight’s game is true, but in reality we never know- too many variables.

From my own experience ( it was a different sport, but still)-sometimes you feel tired , but, for whatever reason, you start feeling better during warm up, and then - boom, you are ready to go.

I do hope for at least a point tonight

4 minutes ago, Googlie said:

And in that 10-0 shellacking only players without a negative +/- rating were Karlsson and Hirose, both at 0

Obviously you don't want to see a 10-0 game anytime. But I didn't take it to heart. They played the majority of their main roster against, a mostly AHL squad. 

I wasn't concerned. 

Like you point out, there were some positives out of that disaster. 

7 minutes ago, Tofu_Bud said:

you think they’ll put him right in the top 6?

He's not an energy guy - more of a goal scorer.  In his last Swedish league season, broke Petey's rookie goals record.  Was Abby's, leading goal scorer last season (and second most penalty minutes after Woo - quite abrasive). Fewer penalties this season, and more of a playmaker

I don't really expect him to start with Petey .. the wish is father to the thought 

• Cheers 1

I think it will be a tough one for the Canucks given the late game yesterday + going into OT.  Flames will also be very hungry for points and probably come out flying hoping to jump on our team early  -  best for the Canucks to tighten up defensively to start especially first 10m , stay close and maybe do something similar to yesterday to give them the best chance.  That is why the 2 points last night was HUGE with this back to back.

The Flames will no doubt key in on the Canucks star players (given the last change)  so looking to see if the third-fourth lines can contribute with some additional scoring tonight as we will need it - Lafferty, Beauvillier, Hoglander, Myers etc. Wonder if they will spit Hughes and Hronek tonight to spread out the coverage.

Go Canucks

Random question.

Can someone explain to me the sudden fascination with PDO?  My understanding was that this was basically a defunct stat that nobody used anymore.  I thought it had been essentially swept aside and dismissed as a deeply flawed stat. (I could be mistaken but that was my impression) Now this year I’m hearing all about it and people seem to be taking it quite seriously?

What am I missing? Lol 

The long-suffering Canuck fan in me says this will be a really tough game that we should probably lose based on it being a back-to-back on the road after an emotional, hard-fought win.

The still-slightly-skeptical-but-incredibly-hopeful fan of this 2023/2024 Canucks team in me thinks we got this. It's going to take a better team than Calgary to stop this freight train of a team we have rolling right now!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, AK-19 said:

Does this mean Linus Karlsson is going to make his debut?

Likely with Hoglander on the other wing.   Last season in Abby they were a tremedous line centered by Aman (Podz called them the "Swedish House Mafia" line

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2