[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames // November 16, 2023

Rubik

16 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

hmmm...damn my memory isn't as good as it used to be but it sounds about right?  (and heh, I'm too lazy to look it up)

Also having Stu Grimson on Kariya's team never stopped Suter doing what he did and why I side with Alf's comment

Team toughness

I do not like fights after clean hits- it was the dirty ones in the past, now guys maybe afraid of suspensions and losing $ more so now?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

I don't think of preseason games as comparable to regular NHL games.  Aman is young and doing well

in Abby.  He'll probably get a chance at some point.  Studnicka was waived to Abby recently and will

probably stay there for awhile.  Right now, they have a full complement of players.

Moving contracts right now is very difficult.  As teams start to pile up with injuries a trade might

happen, but it will likely be for another player(dman).

You just have to know the traits Aman/Bleugar possess.  

CGY was trying to get back into that game and they were shutdown by that line.  

Im fully aware roster movement is not easy at this particular moment.  If it was, I strongly believe  Aman would be in the lineup.  Heck, he would have been in the opening night roster.  He’s a Tocchett player.

Edited by Tofu_Bud

5 hours ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

We have another 5 games in 8 nights starting Saturday

At least the back to back game is at San Jose on Saturday. 

At Seattle the night before, which is BS. They should've reversed the games. 

From Denver, to San Jose, Seattle, back home. 

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I remember when Dave Semenko was no longer watching his back, Gary Suter crosschecked him very hard into the boards from behind (think he had recurring back issues flare up to the point he retired earlier than he'd like to).  Yes, the same Gary Suter that also essentially ended the career of Paul Kariya via a crosscheck to his head.

edit:  though I do know that Lucic, in his prime, was on the ice when Matt Cooke ran Savard with one of his usual cheapshots.

That Suter crosscheck was during the Canada Cup. 

Gretzky was never the same after that cheap shot. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

• Jess unfeatured and unpinned this topic