[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames // November 16, 2023

Rubik

That was one ugly mf. Whatever the Flames were doing to stifle shots was working.

As the season goes on I think Hughes is going to receive more attention like he did tonight and I expect our coaches will plan for it.

Not making excuses but….

I always wonder why the NHL decides to make the second game of a back to back start earlier than the first game, 7pm and then 6pm for example. Makes for some lousy 1-sided hockey on most occasions. Swap it around if you can’t give it 24 hours between games, 6pm followed by a 7pm start. Those 2 extra hours may not be much, but may help add a lil more entertainment.

And perhaps I am being biased, but the teams out west (especially my Canucks) always get more of the above scenarios compared to the eastern teams (don’t get me started on the Laffs).

~ Venting complete ~ 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

ah well..outta gas after mid 2nd.....

missin out on Soucy a lot....

Garland on 1st didnt work, should have played hogs or beau there

Had a positive view from Karlsson...he was the bright spot along with Hoglander for me...

on to the next one... bounceback....get a new streak going....continue to be top of the boards so tis not the end of the world....back to backs are hard. 

• Jess pinned and featured this topic
11 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

I find Friedman to be the weakest link.  Juulsen has been slightly better then Friedman for me, and you can see it by the minutes earned.  

11:45 for Friedman, 15:12 for Juulsen.  

Either way, I'd love to improve on both Friedman and Juulsen.  I'd rather give Hirose a chance over either one of those two right now. 

Interesting to see that difference. I've thought Friedman has been moving the puck better than Juulsen. Juulsen really struggles with it.

I missed half the game today so maybe I missed alot of Friedman's issues but personally I've liked him more, though Juulsen hasn't played much.

Anyway I'd say bring Hirose in. You can play him more then limit Juulsen/Friedman to 10 mins.

• Upvote 1

Canucks looked tired for sure. No help from refs tonight though. Key moment in game when it was 1-1 when Garland got cross checked in the face in front of the opposition end, no refs or linemen called it. Should have been an easy 4 min power play. Instead, Calgary took control.

• Cheers 2