[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames // November 16, 2023

Rubik

Well that was a bit of a disappointment, but I was expecting being disappointed. My brother and I bet 5.00 on every game. Both being Canucks fans, and with the great start we've had, of course whoever makes the bet always chooses our boys. I did so this time, but also told him I thought the Flames would win (4-2). I should have bet with my gut. 

They're more than just tired. This has been coming for a while. The last few games there has been only flashes of killer instinct, and it's that style that had them playing so well and winning handily. Tocchet keeps saying he doesn't have to say anything, that the leadership group can keep them invigorated. He's probably generally right, but they're young guys and still need the motivation from our so experienced coaching staff. All is good. I'm looking forward to the Kraken on Saturday. 

It sorta felt like they emptied the tanks last night in a very emotion filled team.

The team lacked that emotional investment tonight and kind of looked tired and going through the motions. Sort of thought that would be the case after last nights game. 

One thing is clear though is we still need more quality depth. When Miller, Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser, and Hronek don't have it, others have to step up. Garland, Beauvillier, Joshua, Blueger, Lafferty, Myers, Cole gotta step up once in a while.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

It sorta felt like they emptied the tanks last night in a very emotion filled team.

The team lacked that emotional investment tonight and kind of looked tired and going through the motions. Sort of thought that would be the case after last nights game. 

One thing is clear though is we still need more quality depth. When Miller, Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser, and Hronek don't have it, others have to step up. Garland, Beauvillier, Joshua, Blueger, Lafferty, Myers, Cole gotta step up once in a while.

Exactly need the secondary scoring to be a regular thing 

45 minutes ago, Crimson JH said:

Bear should be back around December 

we realistically can't sign bear until we move out contracts.. soucy will be back from ltir shortly after.. and we have no cap space for it and the cost to move will skyrocket because we need to move cap to be compliant

• ThereItIs 3

3 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Some of them have though so far, no one looked really good, been impressed with desmith not blaming him tonight but wasn't looking sharp, would of been the game to steal but it is what it is

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Be nice if the refs weren't ever screwing us over. Garland getting sticked in the face, causing him to bleed not getting called. Miller getting hit into his own net while the puck wasn't even there not called interference. Multiple tripping calls that should have been made against the Flames (yet they called one against the Flames that shouldn't have been called - incidental). So bad as usual

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Psycho_Path said:

Be nice if the refs weren't ever screwing us over. Garland getting sticked in the face, causing him to bleed not getting called. Miller getting hit into his own net while the puck wasn't even there not called interference. Multiple tripping calls that should have been made against the Flames (yet they called one against the Flames that shouldn't have been called - incidental). So bad as usual

That Garland one sucked but got hit in the mouth after he got checked and on the ice and the play was still going down the other way, probably weren't looking