[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames // November 16, 2023

Rubik

11 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

That Garland one sucked but got hit in the mouth after he got checked and on the ice and the play was still going down the other way, probably weren't looking

Garly and Boeser also got slashed on the hands with the puck, more no brainer calls missed.

I did notice Canucks get away with a pick in the first, too, but that was some hometown reffing there for sure.

Oh well, crap happened.  Hope they are rested enough for the squids. And hungry.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Darth Canuck said:

So a couple good friends came over, had quite a few beer, a big bowl of Doritos, had the game on the big screen. Kinda lost track of the game, kinda toasted now, quite amazed I can type. We lost? Well crap. Still proud of what they’ve accomplished so far. 

Go Canucks Go!!

Sounds like quite a time, do it again Saturday!!

32 minutes ago, Psycho_Path said:

Be nice if the refs weren't ever screwing us over. Garland getting sticked in the face, causing him to bleed not getting called. Miller getting hit into his own net while the puck wasn't even there not called interference. Multiple tripping calls that should have been made against the Flames (yet they called one against the Flames that shouldn't have been called - incidental). So bad as usual

Well... last night I would say refs were definitely working for us. Powerplays were 6-2 and we scored 3 on the PP. So try and keep it in perspective.

5 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Well... last night I would say refs were definitely working for us. Powerplays were 6-2 and we scored 3 on the PP. So try and keep it in perspective.

Even with the Leafs game it was pretty even, and did not help us. Blaming the refs is a easy way to justify a poorly played game. Close games a ref can make a bad call in OT or something causing a loss of a point. This game was never going to be won by the nucks.  We all have done the blame game though. 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Garly and Boeser also got slashed on the hands with the puck, more no brainer calls missed.

I did notice Canucks get away with a pick in the first, too, but that was some hometown reffing there for sure.

Oh well, crap happened.  Hope they are rested enough for the squids. And hungry.

Yeah was just talking about the Garland one, but I'm sure they missed some on us to, they need to fix the reffing to an extent, watching some plays in slow mo its easy to give them a break, but those soft ass game management calls are annoying as f*ck, especially when it's mcwhiner

• Upvote 1

No way we maintain our pace as nice as it’s been,bound to come back to earth so to speak,put it in the vault and move on lots of hockey left this season.I’d like to see us hit our stride come playoffs not some mediocre game early season,need to save some of this mojo come playoff time.

21 minutes ago, Darth Canuck said:

So a couple good friends came over, had quite a few beer, a big bowl of Doritos, had the game on the big screen. Kinda lost track of the game, kinda toasted now, quite amazed I can type. We lost? Well crap. Still proud of what they’ve accomplished so far. 

Go Canucks Go!!

Cheers! Got tomorrow off work,  just going to study now, procrastinating with the forums but just stay up late and wake up early get my exam done, finish my beer and focus. What were you guys sipping?

35 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Yeah, really happy with the nucks start, after almost a decade of small hopes it's good times watching hockey again, was one of the tocchett doubters but been great so far

7 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

No way we maintain our pace as nice as it’s been,bound to come back to earth so to speak,put it in the vault and move on lots of hockey left this season.I’d like to see us hit our stride come playoffs not some mediocre game early season,need to save some of this mojo come playoff time.

I like the way the Kings won there cups. Let the other teams kick the crap out of each other for home ice, and stuff. Come in around 7th well rested and turn it on, surprise the hell out of them.

13 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

Yeah, really happy with the nucks start, after almost a decade of small hopes it's good times watching hockey again, was one of the tocchett doubters but been great so far

I wasn't sure about Tocchett either, but he didn't take long to win me over.

I watch almost every game, even in the dark years, but I'm far more interested in the rest of the league now than in prior years, knowing our boys can measure up on a given day.  Hockey is a lot more fun this year!

Edited by Kragar

49 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

I remember that season when the Habs were dominant in October and November but dropped down after and missed the playoffs

Could the same happen to Vancouver this season?

1 hour ago, Vancan said:

I like the way the Kings won there cups. Let the other teams kick the crap out of each other for home ice, and stuff. Come in around 7th well rested and turn it on, surprise the hell out of them.

well you'll be happy to know the canucks skate way less miles than their opponents, i tracked it to that little dump out they do in the defensive zone where they can complete shift changes when the bench is close, and all the puck movement with passes (lots of cycling) the Player energy management obviously has been a huge factor where we are more fresh for the second and third periods, and also has effect in other area's like more short term speed bursts, hits and shot Speed. I predict we will get better as the season develops, obviously our dominance will rescind a little especially in shooting percentages and high danger save percentages, but not by too much, maybe a percentage point or two.

Edited by Dankmemes187

49 minutes ago, Kragar said:

I wasn't sure about Tocchett either, but he didn't take long to win me over.

I watch almost every game, even in the dark years, but I'm far more interested in the rest of the league now than in prior years, knowing our boys can measure up on a given day.  Hockey is a lot more fun this year!

Yeah no doubt, glad our players  slogan was start on a good start instead of cup or playoffs, although in the end that's the main achievement obviously, but 1 step at a time, pumped for this season finally, thought brodreau would do that last year.

But think shipping Bo out now was the good call, when i hated it, "culture change" totally different this year. Let's keep it going.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Thoughts from the game tonight, DeSmith was awesome in the first and steady the rest of the game. 

Nobody stood out in anyway good or bad Friedman was probably the most notable miss on the night. 

Passing was was sloppy to downright non existent. 

Wipe that one from memory and start fresh Saturday. 

Only complaint from de Smith was Hubers goal

Edit: wasn't his best night but the rest of the team didn't help him out. Just one of them nights

Edited by TNucks1
  • Cheers 4