NFL Thread

Shift-4

Could have been worse:

Packers QB Jordan Love suffered sprained MCL vs. Eagles; initial timetable for return 3-6 weeks

Great expectations for Jordan Love and the Green Bay Packers have met a setback.

Love suffered an MCL sprain during the Packers' season-opening loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Friday in Brazil, NFL Network Insiders Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero reported Saturday, per sources.

Pelissero added that the recovery timeline for Love, whose ACL is intact, is in the range of three to six weeks, but there's optimism he could return sooner than later, pending a second opinion.

Green Bay now must soldier on without its burgeoning star for a period of time, but the injury news not being season-ending is still positive for a team with Super Bowl aspirations.

https://www.nfl.com/news/packers-qb-jordan-love-suffered-mcl-sprain-friday-vs-eagles-recovery-timeline-tbd

Cowboys are going to start four rookies in their first game of the season for the first time in team history.

Two of them are on the offensive line - center and left tackle.  And they're facing 2023 Defensive Player of the Year Myles Garrett.  What could go wrong?

The game is on FOX at 1:25pm.  Added bonus: it's Tom Brady's first real game in the announcing booth.

Dallas Cowboys on the brink of rookie-led history

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-cowboys-rookie-led-history

Youtube link to Hills TD from today.  Fish win.  

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nfl/article/reports-dolphins-hill-detained-by-police-en-route-to-game/

Dolphins WR Tyreek Hill detained by police ahead of season opener

Tyreek-Hill-1040x572.jpg

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

Wow, I can't believe my Pats won!

Highest point spread of the first week's games - Bengals were favoured by 9.5!  

Classic Zac Taylor opener. I just had a bad feeling. 

2 hours ago, runningback33 said:

Jets at SF49ers Tonight 5:15pm

Should be a good one.  Aaron Rodgers against one of the favourites for the Super Bowl.

Can a 40 year old quarterback who missed all of last season bounce back?

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, -dlc- said:

19 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Love what Tyreek said in the press conference after the game. 

What if I wasn't Tyreek Hill?

As a Bills fan, I am programmed to enjoy anything bad happening to the Phish, but this is bullshit. Of course the cops are going to pin the blame on Hill....and pretend that the amount of melanin in skin had nothing to do with it.... :classic_dry:

• Cheers 1