NFL Thread

Shift-4

The "No Fun League" strikes again.....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl/nfl-suspends-cameraman-for-remainder-of-2023-season-following-viral-tyreek-hill-touchdown-celebration/ar-AA1kKe4D?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=285d3477953d43f6bb1a6fda6a924d7e&ei=62

During a Week 6 game between the Miami Dolphins and Carolina Panthers, Dolphins star wide receiver Tyreek Hill scored a touchdown and took a cameraman's phone in order to celebrate. On Wednesday, the NFL suspended that, cameraman, Kevin Fitzgibbons, for the remainder of the 2023 season and "possibly for good" for allowing Hill to use his camera as a prop in the celebration.

:classic_dry:

5 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

From the article:

"Hill didn't end up getting fined for the celebration."

Seems to me the NFL got it backwards.  If they thought there was something wrong with the celebration, why not punish Hill?

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

From the article:

Seems to me the NFL got it backwards.  If they thought there was something wrong with the celebration, why not punish Hill?

I don't know his contract details, but I sure AF hope he's helping the guy out financially, since he cost the kid his job....

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

From the article:

As a Bills fan, it's hard for me to praise a Dolphins player, but good on Tyreek:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl/dolphins-tyreek-hill-announces-he-s-covering-cameraman-kevin-fitzgibbons-salary-after-nfl-suspension/ar-AA1kO8Mh?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=e4ebc2566b514192bec869286763d230&ei=13

• Cheers 1

Bye week news Bills fans didn't want.  

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nfl/article/dallas-police-say-bills-von-miller-facing-arrest-for-assaulting-a-pregnant-person/

Dallas police say Bills' Von Miller facing arrest for assaulting a pregnant person

miller_von1280-1040x572.jpg

DALLAS — Police in Dallas have issued an arrest warrant for Buffalo Bills linebacker Von Miller for allegedly assaulting a pregnant woman.

According to the police report, a preliminary investigation of a “major disturbance” at a home on Wednesday determined that Miller, 34, and the woman got into a verbal argument. The report says the suspect became “visibly angry” when the woman left the room, went into the office in their apartment and slammed the door behind her.

It says Miller then told her to leave and, when she tried to retrieve her laptop and cell phone, Miller began pushing her, continuing to tell her to “get out.” She yelled “Stop. I'm pregnant” repeatedly, according to the report, and when the pushing caused her to fall into a chair, Miller put one hand on her neck and held it for 3 to 5 seconds.

The report says Miller threw her laptop on the floor and stomped on it, pulled a chunk of her hair out, threw her on the couch and put both hands around her neck. She told police she recorded some of the attack and, when she threatened to call police, he left.

The woman was treated for minor injuries and an arrest warrant was issued for Miller.

The Bills, who have a bye this week, issued a statement Thursday acknowledging that they are aware of the incident and “are in the process of gathering more information.”

The team said it would have no further comment at this point.

Miller, selected No. 2 overall by the Denver Broncos in the 2011 NFL draft, is an eight-time Pro Bowl selection and three-time first-team All-Pro selection.

Miller, who starred at Texas A&M and was a two-time first-team All-American, has played on two Super Bowl winners and was the MVP of the 2015 game with the Broncos. He won a second title in 2021 as a member of the Los Angeles Rams.

When he was traded by the Broncos, he held the franchise record for career sacks with 110.5.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

How KC is 8-5 is stunning. They have a QB and aTE (just double or triple team him) and RB and the rest is absolutely garbage…. If only they could play the raiders 4-5 time per year 😉

How in the heck does KC lose (and badly) to the Packers? They let Love look like he’s better than Favre and Rogers. 

4 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

How KC is 8-5 is stunning. They have a QB and aTE (just double or triple team him) and RB and the rest is absolutely garbage…. If only they could play the raiders 4-5 time per year 😉

Tyreek might have been the guy that MADE Mahomes. Tua was on his way out the door and now hes in the MVP conversation. KC should've dropped the brinks truck on the deadline to get Justin Jefferson. KC basically has Mahomes throwing to Kelce and CFL calibre talent. Pacheco is lookin good though

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, filthy animal said:

If there was any questions on whos the best team in the league is, the Niners answered it. Geezus that was a whoopin. Its incredible how Chase Young affects that team

I remember back around week 4, saying that it looked like it was going to be the Niners and Phish in the Super Bowl and then football happened.....

Now it looks like we're right back there....

13 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

Wow Jacksonville just can’t have nice things. That really did not look good for Trevor Lawrence. Hell of a game but not at that cost. 

It was a nice win for Browning, but yeah, the injury to Lawrence is what's going to get all the headlines....

Beathard actually did well to get the Jags in position for the tying FG, but whoever that Bengals defender that tried to pick up Beathard's fumble instead of falling on it was, he should thanking his lucky stars it didn't cost them the game....

• Cheers 1

Jaguars say QB Trevor Lawrence has high ankle sprain

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence suffered a right high ankle sprain against the Cincinnati Bengals on Monday night but escaped further damage, coach Doug Pederson said Tuesday.

Pederson said the Jaguars would evaluate Lawrence later in the week, and he wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of Lawrence playing Sunday.

"I'm not going to put that timetable on Trevor," Pederson said Tuesday afternoon. "I'm not going to put him in a box like that, but we'll see how he is in a couple of days."

Pederson said he doesn't think Lawrence would require surgery on his ankle, something that Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Kenny Pickett had earlier this week to accelerate the healing process.

• Thanks 1