NFL Thread

Shift-4

Jeebus 49ers wagon is full media, get off.

They look great sure but still need to improve the rush. Ravens will be a great test with lamar. 

And its superbowl or bust for them.

I still have the Lions and the eagles as the nfc's best. In the AFC, mcdaniel is great at offense but defense is a worry. If KC can make playoffs i still wouldn't dismiss them. I think houston is doing better but getting overhyped.

52 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

He's not wrong.  Josh Allen is damn near a one man team.  The rest of that roster on offense has problems, starting with Gabe Davis as the #2 WR.

I actually had a conversation with a friend about this. Allen has a standout WR, a couple of pretty good TEs and then some underwhelming guys, who will on rare occasions, step up. But other than Diggs, he doesn't have that pure possession, find the soft spot in the zone guy.

Do you think he misses Cole Beasley?

4 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

I actually had a conversation with a friend about this. Allen has a standout WR, a couple of pretty good TEs and then some underwhelming guys, who will on rare occasions, step up. But other than Diggs, he doesn't have that pure possession, find the soft spot in the zone guy.

Do you think he misses Cole Beasley?

Yes, for sure.  The hope is that Dalton Kincaid fills that role and more.  Kincaid has the highest catch rate of all TE's in the league so he's on his way.  Too bad Cole is no longer any good.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/07/sport/former-jacksonville-jaguars-employee-accused-stealing-spt-intl/index.html

A former employee of the Jacksonville Jaguars has been accused of stealing more than $22 million from the NFL team to fund a lavish lifestyle, according to court documents filed in US District Court this week.

The court filing says Amit Patel used the money to fund online gambling, pay for private travel and accommodation for himself and friends as well as sporting tickets, acquire a new Tesla car, Nissan pickup truck, purchase cryptocurrency and buy a property in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida.

He is also bought a Patek Philippe Nautilus watch – worth over $95,000 – paying the entire price with “proceeds of his fraud scheme.”

Pretty ballsy move....

Of course, this pales in comparison to the amount of money Deshaun Watson is scamming the Browns out of....

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

I'm a Steelers fan and they look so brutal this year. No idea how they managed 7 wins this year. All Defense, no offense. Pickett is terrible on a good day. 

The Pat's went 3 straight games allowing 10 points or less, and loss them all.   First team in decades to do thaf.  They have the best D in the NFL over the past 4 games and lost all 4.

Them scoring 21 as of writing this is a real indictment of the Topsy turvy season that is Days of our Steelers.

The crying coming from people about the WR on KC being called for offsides is unbelievable. 

Were the refs supposed to pick up the flag that they threw at the very beginning of the play and announce that there is no longer any  penalty because it negated a cool play by the offending team/player?

• Cheers 3

25 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The crying coming from people about the WR on KC being called for offsides is unbelievable. 

Were the refs supposed to pick up the flag that they threw at the very beginning of the play and announce that there is no longer any  penalty because it negated a cool play by the offending team/player?

I was thinking the same thing when I saw Mahomes and Reid whining about the call....

The guy lines up offside, but the line judge is supposed to think, "I'd better not throw the flag. The Chiefs might pull off the hook and ladder and what a shame it would be if that didn't count"....:classic_rolleyes:

Same thing last week. Whining about a missed PI that came right after being gifted 15 yards on a bullshit Roughing the Passer call.

All of that being said, I'm still in shock that the Bills didn't find a way to blow that game....:classic_blink:

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

...and today I see an post game interview with Mahomes again whining about the call....."Just let us play the game"....

My first thought was, "Wait. Weren't you guys the ones whining last week about a PI that wasn't called"? :classic_rolleyes: Apparently Pat has also forgotten the missed false start calls they were consistently benefiting from early in the season.

I used to be more or less indifferent to the Chiefs, but the week in, week out complaining about the officiating is moving them into the same territory as the Patriots and Cowboys for me....

• Cheers 2

14 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Cowboys with a statement game!

I'd rather play them then the eagles in the playoffs.

Philly should improve. Campbell should fire Aaron Glenn in Detroit, that defence is dying.

I'm surprised the niners have a chance at 1st but they need to handle the cards and then the more difficult ravens.