NFL Thread

Shift-4

8 hours ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I'd rather play them then the eagles in the playoffs.

Philly should improve. Campbell should fire Aaron Glenn in Detroit, that defence is dying.

I'm surprised the niners have a chance at 1st but they need to handle the cards and then the more difficult ravens.

I don’t know think the Cowboys can be more dangerous on Offence and the Philly secondary is really bad. I’d fear the Cowboys over the Eagles at this point. 

On 12/10/2023 at 7:24 PM, Sabrefan1 said:

The crying coming from people about the WR on KC being called for offsides is unbelievable. 

Were the refs supposed to pick up the flag that they threw at the very beginning of the play and announce that there is no longer any  penalty because it negated a cool play by the offending team/player?

And how many times has he benefited from an equally offside by the defense, giving him a free play.

Easy call, the right call, even though cost me fantasy points.  Never been a big fan of his, and this isn't helping to change my mind.

My boss loves him though, so I can't trash him too loudly :classic_laugh:

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Kragar said:

And how many times has he benefited from an equally offside by the defense, giving him a free play.

Easy call, the right call, even though cost me fantasy points.  Never been a big fan of his, and this isn't helping to change my mind.

It was crazy, the flag happens straight away. Little things kill you.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

I don’t know think the Cowboys can be more dangerous on Offence and the Philly secondary is really bad. I’d fear the Cowboys over the Eagles at this point. 

You never want to peak too early. The Cowboys always get overhyped. They have some flash but even in that philly game, the eagles had a chance to come back. Plus mike mccarthy is awful in the postseason. I'm still backing the eagles to regroup.

I'd love the niners to get top spot but lots of injuries last game, so rather they rest a few against arizona. The ravens game will be a big test as they still aren't getting enough pressure and i think lamar will have a big game. 

Still shocked that glenn isn't fired by the lions.

Also for MVP, i'd rather mccaffrey over purdy. You take him out and the offence sputters. 

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
f

20 hours ago, Pears said:

IMG_6869.jpeg

9 hours ago, Kragar said:

....and people are still talking about it, three days later....:classic_rolleyes:

What the Chiefs and their fans seem to be ignoring, is the fact that had the pass to Kelce fallen incomplete, nobody would be saying a thing about how "embarrassing" the call was, or how they'd "never seen it called before".....They just would have lined up and taken another shot at it....

Peyton Manning had the best idea, IMO: Blow it dead, just like you do on a False Start. That way, we'd never know what might have happened and Pat Mahomes could stop pretending he was some kind of victim.....:classic_dry:

36 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

....and people are still talking about it, three days later....:classic_rolleyes:

What the Chiefs and their fans seem to be ignoring, is the fact that had the pass to Kelce fallen incomplete, nobody would be saying a thing about how "embarrassing" the call was, or how they'd "never seen it called before".....They just would have lined up and taken another shot at it....

Peyton Manning had the best idea, IMO: Blow it dead, just like you do on a False Start. That way, we'd never know what might have happened and Pat Mahomes could stop pretending he was some kind of victim.....:classic_dry:

Peyton's right.  And, extend it to defensive offsides too, IMO.  Although, not blowing those ones dead improves offense, so maybe the league won't like it.

And, maybe the reason you don't see it called all that often is that most players take the time to make sure they are lined up properly.  Toney effed up, end of story.

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Peyton's right.  And, extend it to defensive offsides too, IMO.  Although, not blowing those ones dead improves offense, so maybe the league won't like it.

And, maybe the reason you don't see it called all that often is that most players take the time to make sure they are lined up properly.  Toney effed up, end of story.

Exactly. That's why Mahomes' whining bugs me so much. "You never see that called"....yeah, because all receivers have to do is ask the Side Judge if they're okay.....:picard:

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Exactly. That's why Mahomes' whining bugs me so much. "You never see that called"....yeah, because all receivers have to do is ask the Side Judge if they're okay.....:picard:

It's also possible that Kelce was ineligible on the catch! Toney was lined up so far past the line that Kelce looks like he went a yard back from him which means he is less than a yard behind the line which means he's not part of the backfield and ineligible to go downfield and catch! Would've made for a hell of a TD review if they didn't flag it.

Background: Eligible receiver are either those are the end of the line or backfield people at least a yard back from the line of scrimmage.

Kelce is on the bottom here, it would be close.

IMG_3674.jpeg

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
f
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

One attention seeking  as*hole derailed this guy's life and cost him millions of dollars and possibly his entire career which would equate to tens of millions potentially.

I've always said rape accusations that turn out to be false need to face the same or similar consequences as actual rape. Otherwise you get situations like this. 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, c00kies said:

Patriots without Bill is going to be strange...

Think they're going to trade him to another team or just flat out fire him?

I think it would be much classier to just put out a press release at the end of the season saying that it's a mutual parting and let him choose his next team.  He's earned that right.

Although getting a couple of firsts for him would be tough to pass up.  Especially since Kraft isn't getting any younger and wouldn't want the rest of his twilight years to be spent upset at having a crappy team.

I'm also kind of curious about how many Bostoners will jump off of the bandwagon if they continue to suck year after year.  That organization was primed to leave Boston before Kraft saved the franchise and turned them into winners and got people to come to the games again.

Looks like we get Saturday football, now that the college regular season is done. :towel:Three games on the sked: MIN-CIN, PIT-IND, DEN-DET

Pretty much every game has playoff ramifications at this point, but I'm most interested in the Detroit - Denver game. Can the Broncos keep rolling? Can the Lions rebound after that embarrassing loss to the Bears? Also, looks like @Pears 's Bengals are catching the Vikes at the perfect time....

Another tough match up for my Bills against the Cowboys on Sunday, but at least they're not playing in Dallas.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 12/12/2023 at 5:58 AM, OldFaithfulcap said:

You never want to peak too early. The Cowboys always get overhyped. They have some flash but even in that philly game, the eagles had a chance to come back. Plus mike mccarthy is awful in the postseason. I'm still backing the eagles to regroup.

I'd love the niners to get top spot but lots of injuries last game, so rather they rest a few against arizona. The ravens game will be a big test as they still aren't getting enough pressure and i think lamar will have a big game. 

Still shocked that glenn isn't fired by the lions.

Also for MVP, i'd rather mccaffrey over purdy. You take him out and the offence sputters. 

Yeah that’s true. Also MVP shouldn’t be Purdy when the 49ers lost a couple weapons on offence he strung together a couple bad outings. He’s sheltered by a really good offence. At this point MVP race should be between Tyreek Hill or McCarffrey with a very slim outside chance of Dak if the Cowboys can pull off the impossible and win out the rest of the year. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Yeah that’s true. Also MVP shouldn’t be Purdy when the 49ers lost a couple weapons on offence he strung together a couple bad outings. He’s sheltered by a really good offence. At this point MVP race should be between Tyreek Hill or McCarffrey with a very slim outside chance of Dak if the Cowboys can pull off the impossible and win out the rest of the year. 

Very much agree. I'm glad we have Purdy, he's had a great season and a big upgrade over jimmy g, kaepernick etc but until he leads a comeback i'll keep him out of the top tier. 

• Cheers 1

Man, I think Raiders fans would have loved to have at least one of the 9 TDs they scored tonight in the previous debacle game against the Vikings. 

63 - 21.  

Chargers gonna Charger.

Pain

Edited by the destroyer of worlds

7 hours ago, filthy animal said:

The all time worst coaches in the NFL

Adam Gase

Brandon Staley

Josh McDaniels

Urban Meyer

Chip Kelly

tell me Im wrong

You're probably right, but Bills fans (like me) would probably include Wade Phillips for starting Rob Johnson over Doug Flutie in that playoff game against the Titans. IMO, the Music City Miracle never happens if Flutie starts that game.

I'd also give Pete Carroll a Dis Honorable Mention for not handing the ball off to Marshawn Lynch....