NFL Thread

Shift-4

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl/jameis-winston-makes-it-clear-dennis-allen-lost-control-of-saints/ar-AA1mE3Jo

"In what ended up being Atlanta Falcons head coach Arthur Smith's last game as the team's coach, the Falcons were defeated handedly by their divisional rival New Orleans Saints. In Smith's final moments as the head coach of the Falcons, he was seen visibly and audibly directing frustration toward Saints head coach Dennis Allen after backup quarterback Jameis Winston elected to run up the score on the team's final drive of the game.

---------------------

On first-and-goal from the one, Winston and the offense lined up in victory formation only to call running back Jamaal Williams' number for what ended up being his first rushing touchdown of the season. 

-----------------------------

After the game, Winston spoke to the media to discuss the matter, making it clear that all hell had broken loose in the Saints locker room. After apologizing to Allen for going against the play call, Winston stated that it was a "team decision" to go for the touchdown and help Jamaal Williams find the end zone. Based on Winston's comments, it sounded like the team collectively agreed to ignore their head coach, illustrating that Allen's voice is not being heard.

more at link.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gurn said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl/jameis-winston-makes-it-clear-dennis-allen-lost-control-of-saints/ar-AA1mE3Jo

"In what ended up being Atlanta Falcons head coach Arthur Smith's last game as the team's coach, the Falcons were defeated handedly by their divisional rival New Orleans Saints. In Smith's final moments as the head coach of the Falcons, he was seen visibly and audibly directing frustration toward Saints head coach Dennis Allen after backup quarterback Jameis Winston elected to run up the score on the team's final drive of the game.

---------------------

On first-and-goal from the one, Winston and the offense lined up in victory formation only to call running back Jamaal Williams' number for what ended up being his first rushing touchdown of the season. 

After the game, Winston spoke to the media to discuss the matter, making it clear that all hell had broken loose in the Saints locker room. After apologizing to Allen for going against the play call, Winston stated that it was a "team decision" to go for the touchdown and help Jamaal Williams find the end zone. Based on Winston's comments, it sounded like the team collectively agreed to ignore their head coach, illustrating that Allen's voice is not being heard.

more at link.

The problem I think with this was they went into victory formation.  Had they switched to a regular run formation prior to the snap, I don't think Smith would have been quite as bad.  Victory formation is kinda a gentlemen's agreement.  Both sides are done playing hard.  With this, it's going to be hard to believe those Saints players next time.  Those O-line guys are going to need danger pay.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Well this sucks.... 

Canadian Bills fan shot dead in Miami outside of Hard Rock Stadium after the game.

https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/crime/bills-fan-shot-and-killed-outside-hard-rock-stadium-in-miami-crime/71-53215b09-5fa5-48fb-b0a6-e22e47fca79f

Quote from the GoFundMe page the family set up to bring him home and lay him to rest.  Of course it's already gone well past the amount they needed to do so.

Dylan was a Bills fan and spectator at the January 7th game when leaving the Hard Rock Stadium with his friends walking through traffic when a verbal argument ensued with an unknown male who tried to intentionally hit them with their vehicle, sped off and when Dylan and others ran after the vehicle, a male got out of his vehicle and shot Dylan. Despite police efforts to revive him, Dylan died from the gunshots.

Edited by Sabrefan1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Well this sucks.... 

Canadian Bills fan shot dead in Miami outside of Hard Rock Stadium after the game.

https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/crime/bills-fan-shot-and-killed-outside-hard-rock-stadium-in-miami-crime/71-53215b09-5fa5-48fb-b0a6-e22e47fca79f

Quote from the GoFundMe page the family set up to bring him home and lay him to rest.  Of course it's already gone well past the amount they needed to do so.

Go watch your team play in a big game.  Get shot.

Sad.  

• Sad 1

Aaron Rodgers denies that he suggested Jimmy Kimmel was on the "list". One guess as to who he blamed for the "misunderstanding"....:classic_rolleyes:

Rodgers criticized Mike Foss, an ESPN executive who oversees McAfee's show, for saying that Rodgers had made “a dumb and factually inaccurate joke” about Kimmel.

“Mike, you’re not helping,” Rodgers said. "You’re not helping because I just read earlier exactly what I said. This is the game plan of the media and this is what they do: They try to cancel, you know, and it’s not just me.”

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nfl/article/kimmel-says-hed-accept-an-apology-from-aaron-rodgers-but-doesnt-expect-one/

7 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

WTF is wrong with Wilkins in Miami.  He got caught for grabbing a dude's junk in college and in the NFL and he keeps groping Josh Allen at least once a season.

Jeez, ban this guy. Reminds me of the infamous butt finger-man from another sport.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nfl/article/report-pete-carroll-out-as-coach-of-seattle-seahawks/

Pete Carroll out as coach of Seattle Seahawks

Pete-Carroll-1040x572.jpg

Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll will not be returning to the role next season, the team announced Wednesday.

The Seahawks said Carroll will remain with the team as an adviser.

The Seahawks finished 9-8 this season, just missing the playoffs in Carroll's 14th season as coach.

Carroll guided the Seahawks to the Super Bowl title in the 2013 season and then a Super Bowl loss the following year. He missed the playoffs just four times during his run.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reported that Dallas Cowboys defensive co-ordinator Dan Quinn will be one of the top candidates for the job.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Pycnotic said:

Why not I’d love it just for the memes, and he is a good coach

Memes would be good. He has a good record but barely one 49er ever said he was a good coach and plenty called him an ass. His offences were too predictable eg pass to crabtree and i'd prefer him to go to san diego and fail there myself. 

14 hours ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Jeez, ban this guy. Reminds me of the infamous butt finger-man from another sport.

I'd be good with escalating fines.  Eventually the fines will reach 6 figures and it won't be worth the 2 second thrill he gets from it.  If he has the hots for Josh Allen and wants a yearly crotch grope, at least let the charities that receive the fine money benefit from it.

• Haha 1