NFL Thread

Shift-4

5 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

Nick Saban takes over the Seahawks.

Pete Carroll takes over the Tide.

Nick Saban was not a good assistant or head NFL coach.  He's 72.  Unless he takes over an NFL club that already has a complete roster with a great QB, he's too old to restart a new NFL journey.

Although he will rightfully be the gold standard of college coaching even after he is gone.

10 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Nick Saban was not a good assistant or head NFL coach.  He's 72.  Unless he takes over an NFL club that already has a complete roster with a great QB, he's too old to restart a new NFL journey.

Although he will rightfully be the gold standard of college coaching even after he is gone.

CBS sports’ radio was talking to a person who wrote a book about Saban. Apparently Saban married his high school sweetheart and they just built a retirement home in Florida. This guy being interviewed sure thought Saban was done and wanted to spend time fishing and just being home. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Video embedded in the article.  Finally confirmed what was speculated for some time this season.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nfl/article/reports-bill-belichick-out-as-coach-of-new-england-patriots/

Bill Belichick out as coach of New England Patriots

Nice try Patsies....

Letting Brady go.....fielding a lousy team and now firing Grumpy.....

.....I still despise you....

• Cheers 1

One coaching vacancy that didn't take long to fill.  Played for the team.  Was interviewed for a number of Head Coaching jobs the previous two seasons, so seems to be highly thought of.  Was given a long term extension last year and it seems this was in the works for some time.  

With Bill gone, the front office is likely to get an overhaul.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nfl/article/report-patriots-to-hire-jerod-mayo-as-new-head-coach/

Patriots hire Jerod Mayo as new head coach

jerodmayo-1040x572.jpg

25 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

One coaching vacancy that didn't take long to fill.  Played for the team.  Was interviewed for a number of Head Coaching jobs the previous two seasons, so seems to be highly thought of.  Was given a long term extension last year and it seems this was in the works for some time.  

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nfl/article/report-patriots-to-hire-jerod-mayo-as-new-head-coach/

jerodmayo-1040x572.jpg

We'll see if he can cut the mustard....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

On 1/11/2024 at 5:26 AM, Sabrefan1 said:

I don't know. I mean he took a brown's defence that was awful and made them number 1 after 4 seasons as a dc. He was with miami for 2 seasons with no qb. He wasn't as successful as carroll or others but he went 9-7 and 6-10 so not that bad, same as carroll basically with jets and new england.

He was amazing at the college level though. Their defence was rock solid for years and he won with below average qbs and great rb before changing it up and going with quite good qbs and wr. He constantly made adjustments and alabama was a team you could never count out. 

1 hour ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

jerodmayo-1040x572.jpg

Good luck but I mean the defence hasn't really been their issue. They need to find an offensive co-ordinator - not bill o'brien.

• Cheers 1

Snowstorm forces Steelers-Bills playoff game to Monday

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39299792/snowstorm-forces-bills-steelers-playoff-game-monday

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- The Bills' wild-card game vs. the Pittsburgh Steelers has been rescheduled to Monday at 4:30 p.m. ET instead of Sunday at 1 p.m. ET to prioritize safety in the region because of an incoming snowstorm.

The move was announced by New York Gov. Kathy Hochul at a news conference Saturday. The decision came after conversations with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, emergency response teams, Bills leadership and the NFL.

A winter storm warning is in effect for Buffalo and surrounding counties, including Orchard Park in Erie County, site of the stadium. More than a foot of snow -- and as much as 3 feet -- is expected in the Buffalo area, according to AccuWeather, and with winds potentially as high as 65 mph. A travel ban is being put in place at 9 p.m. Saturday.

Edited by runningback33
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/12/2024 at 2:28 PM, OldFaithfulcap said:

I don't know. I mean he took a brown's defence that was awful and made them number 1 after 4 seasons as a dc. He was with miami for 2 seasons with no qb. He wasn't as successful as carroll or others but he went 9-7 and 6-10 so not that bad, same as carroll basically with jets and new england.

He was amazing at the college level though. Their defence was rock solid for years and he won with below average qbs and great rb before changing it up and going with quite good qbs and wr. He constantly made adjustments and alabama was a team you could never count out. 

I still remember him clearly in Miami.  That team regressed and his excuse for passing on Drew Brees holds no water.

He will go down as the greatest college coach ever who couldn't crack the code in the NFL.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I still remember him clearly in Miami.  That team regressed and his excuse for passing on Drew Brees holds no water.

He will go down as the greatest college coach ever who couldn't crack the code in the NFL.

I *think* the guy the Fins actually drafted that 1st round, they ended up dealing him to the same team that drafted Brees.🤣

I didn't follow the NFL that closely this season, what the heck happened to the Jags?  I *thought* they had a fairly hot first half of the season?

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I *think* the guy the Fins actually drafted that 1st round, they ended up dealing him to the same team that drafted Brees.🤣

I didn't follow the NFL that closely this season, what the heck happened to the Jags?  I *thought* they had a fairly hot first half of the season?

Dante Culpepper.  The guy with knees made of glass.  He ended up making a half decent living holding a clipboard.

• Cheers 1