NFL Thread

Shift-4

All that talk about Mahomes and his lack of road game, post season wins-  I wonder if that had something to do with he, and his team being so damn good they never had to play on the road-til tonight?

I expect these 2 teams will be seeing each other, in the play offs, for many more years.

• ThereItIs 1

14 hours ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I don't know why allen quit running? Plus the pens were so one sided for the chiefs i thought. 

Oh well, ravens vs chiefs - both have beaten the niners and the niners have to beat the lions.

To me, it came down to one bad decision by Josh....

Romo mentioned it on the broadcast and I saw the play as it developed.....I was certain he was going to hit Diggs on the crossing route. It was an easy first down and possibly a lot more....Instead he tried for the end zone and we all saw what happened....

IMO, If Allen throws that swing pass, the Bills are able to kill the rest of the clock and take their shot for the win with no chance for the Cheifs to answer. Worst case scenario would be that Bass has a much easier shot at the tying FG....

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

To me, it came down to one bad decision by Josh....

Romo mentioned it on the broadcast and I saw the play as it developed.....I was certain he was going to hit Diggs on the crossing route. It was an easy first down and possibly a lot more....Instead he tried for the end zone and we all saw what happened....

IMO, I Allen throws that swing pass, the Bills are able to kill the rest of the clock and take their shot for the win with no chance for the Cheifs to answer. Worst case scenario would be that Bass has a much easier shot at the tying FG....

Coulded, shoulded woulded.

There were several crucial moments in that game that went both ways.

The Sabres going for the trick 4th down in the last that came up short.

One could argue if that was a touchback that followed, he looked down to me.

Same with  pass interference on buffalo, ball hadn't left Mahomes hand.

I believe Mahomes managed the whole game as a leader of his team better than Allen did. 

It the pressure games, post season where the big time players step their game up.

It was Buffaloes offensive line and running game that kept the sabres in the game mostly, especially in the second half.

Very unlike KC to give that many running yards away.

Edited by Ilunga

2 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I believe Mahomes managed the whole game as a leader of his team better than Allen did. 

It the pressure games, post season where the big time players step their game up.

It was Buffaloes offensive line and running game that kept the sabres in the game mostly, especially in the second half.

Sabres are a NHL hockey team.....

14 minutes ago, Beans said:

Sabres are a NHL hockey team.....

I believe everyone knows the team I was referring to.

All these seppo teams, I get a bit mixed up sometimes.

My faith in the 49ers went down after this game. 

I'm not sure if the Lions can pull off the upset, but I'll pick AFC to win. 

12 hours ago, Kragar said:

Sorry @Sabrefan1, I was cheering for them, too.

I'm starting to get used to it.  The Bills continue to lose in the most heart wrenching ways.  Wide-Right is fairly apropos I suppose.  It closes the circle of heart-break with Scott Norwood and Super Bowl 25.

There's a dude on Facebook Marketplace offering up his Tyler Bass jersey for free to anyone who plans on using it to wipe their ass with it or to burn it.

Bass signed an extension in the off-season and then has a seriously craptastic year after a good start.

The coaches put in a fricking punter with a pulled hamstring who can't kick the ball higher than 20 feet or even farther than 35-40 yards when they had a healthy punter on the practice squad.  Who the hell does that?  McDermott has some explaining to do.

Our highly overpaid diva WR1 began to play average for whatever reason halfway through the season.

Our Offensive coordinator wasn't properly prepared because he was too busy preparing for a head coaching interview.

Beane needs to give this team a makeover.  No more of this same old players, same old result crap.  Dump anyone who is overpaid and replace them with cheaper, younger, and hungrier options.  Sadly that includes the now injury prone Micah Hyde (who was recently talking like this is his final year anyways) and maybe even Jordan Poyer since he was just average this year and is getting paid for above average performance.

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I'm starting to get used to it.  The Bills continue to lose in the most heart wrenching ways.  Wide-Right is fairly apropos I suppose.  It closes the circle of heart-break with Scott Norwood and Super Bowl 25.

There's a dude on Facebook Marketplace offering up his Tyler Bass jersey for free to anyone who plans on using it to wipe their ass with it or to burn it.

Bass signed an extension in the off-season and then has a seriously craptastic year after a good start.

The coaches put in a fricking punter with a pulled hamstring who can't kick the ball higher than 20 feet or even farther than 35-40 yards when they had a healthy punter on the practice squad.  Who the hell does that?  McDermott has some explaining to do.

Our highly overpaid diva WR1 began to play average for whatever reason halfway through the season.

Our Offensive coordinator wasn't properly prepared because he was too busy preparing for a head coaching interview.

Beane needs to give this team a makeover.  No more of this same old players, same old result crap.  Dump anyone who is overpaid and replace them with cheaper, younger, and hungrier options.  Sadly that includes the now injury prone Micah Hyde (who was recently talking like this is his final year anyways) and maybe even Jordan Poyer since he was just average this year and is getting paid for above average performance.

I had Bass on my fantasy team at some point, but was disappointed and let him go.  It's amazing how the ball can swerve like it did last night, but crap happens.

That's a lot of management issues you bring up. Gotta be frustrating.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Sounds like the Eagles before last year's superbowl.

I think changes have to be made because the Bills have a good foundation and QB, but need to be better utilized.

13 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Jesus Ilunga....you edited this post and is still refers to the "Sabres"? :classic_wacko:

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Jesus Ilunga....you edited this post and is still refers to the "Sabres"? :classic_wacko:

How dare you!  He's Exceptionally knowledgeable at the game of handball.  He's waiting with baited breath for the game that decides who receives the Larry O'Brien Trophy! 

200px-NBA_LOB_Trophy_2022.jpg

Sure as sh*t isn't going to be the Bills or the Sabres.  😂🤣

• Huggy Bear 1

4 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Damn seppo sports, so many teams.

I thought I would leave it after someone else pointed it out.

• Cheers 1