NFL Thread

Shift-4

2 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

How dare you!  He's Exceptionally knowledgeable at the game of handball.  He's waiting with baited breath for the game that decides who receives the Larry O'Brien Trophy! 

200px-NBA_LOB_Trophy_2022.jpg

Sure as sh*t isn't going to be the Bills or the Sabres.  😂🤣

Used to follow the bills back in the 90's when NFL was on our public free to air broadcaster.

Bloody team broke my heart.

Four consecutive Superbowl losses with Jim Kelly as QB.

They never were really " my " team like the Canucks or the Hawks here in the AFL.

It's the personalities that draw me in the NFL, and to a lesser extent the cities.

Going for Lions, love Detroit the city, my maternal grandfathers name is Joseph Henry Ford, and KC super bowl, I do like how Mahomes carries himself.

It won't bother me too much if Baltimore wins, as I have a soft spot for that city since watching the TV series The Wire.

37 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Used to follow the bills back in the 90's when NFL was on our public free to air broadcaster.

Bloody team broke my heart.

Four consecutive Superbowl losses with Jim Kelly as QB.

They never were really " my " team like the Canucks or the Hawks here in the AFL.

It's the personalities that draw me in the NFL, and to a lesser extent the cities.

Going for Lions, love Detroit the city, my maternal grandfathers name is Joseph Henry Ford, and KC super bowl, I do like how Mahomes carries himself.

It won't bother me too much if Baltimore wins, as I have a soft spot for that city since watching the TV series The Wire.

The late 80's-early 90's Bills teams were a wagon.  Great players, great team, great coaching, great front office.  It's a shame that they would choke in the Super Bowl.  The constant partying probably didn't help.  I always wondered how many players would be drunk or coked up during Superbowl week.  Those guys knew how to party.  John Candy would come down across the border to party with them too.

The one dufus in the ESPN special "Four Falls of Buffalo" said that the NFC won those Super Bowls because the AFC couldn't compete.  Although the Bills had an awesome record during those years against the NFC. 

If you wanted to relax and eat or drink with some of them after a game, all you had to do was stop by the Big Tree Inn on Sunday nights during the season after home games.  Also, sometimes during the week after their practices.

• Huggy Bear 2

On 1/22/2024 at 9:08 AM, c00kies said:

My faith in the 49ers went down after this game. 

I'm not sure if the Lions can pull off the upset, but I'll pick AFC to win. 

There's definite questions. The niners d is missing more blitzes and hufanga. Purdy isn't great in the cold or rain it seems. Offence needs to rely less on jennings as 3rd option. Shanahan needs to account for secondary players blitzing.

It's going to be a fight with the lions. We have more talent but the lions have grit and a some talented guys too. I'd look for a huge run focused game, Juszczyk getting more carries and cmc being the workhorse. 

Lions have not won, but its been 29 years for the niners, time to pony up. As Kittle told the pack " Go Lions, go the f%#k home". 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

I think you mean Missouri fans....

I meant fans of the Kansas City Chiefs regardless of whether they live in Missouri or Kansas or New York or wherever!   :classic_tongue:  :classic_smile:

3 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

....and nah, bills fans are noted for doing stuff like this....

Donating money after a heart breaking loss?  Must have cost them a lot over the years.   :classic_happy:

Edited by UnkNuk

On 1/24/2024 at 11:49 PM, the destroyer of worlds said:

Michigan fans:  F you Spanos.

The NCAA will throw the book at michigan in about a year. Vacate their title and suspend him.

I don't think Harbaugh will have success in LA myself. 

On 1/25/2024 at 6:07 PM, runningback33 said:

Raheem Morris got the Falcons job, I really thought Bill was going to get it but they decided to pass on him

The NFC South teams clearly don't care about improving. Awful HC hires by Atlanta and Carolina. Those two will be out within three years. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, distantandvague said:

The NFC South teams clearly don't care about improving. Awful HC hires by Atlanta and Carolina. Those two will be out within three years. 

I agree though Tepper seems like a terrible owner in Carolina.

Not sure if mcdaniel will be a great hire in Miami long term but Houston and New jersey did well. The jets are cursed but saleh did fix their defence, except the wilson faith is bizarre.

Big game today for the 49ers. So much Lions hype. Armstead is a good indicator for the d-line, if he's out there causing havoc on the inside then bosa will be able to get to Goff faster. Offence for me is probably AIyuk. If CMC can gain yards then Aiyuk gets less coverage and he can make the catches. Quietly confident that the niners will bounce back from last week. Momentum.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Big game today for the 49ers. So much Lions hype. Armstead is a good indicator for the d-line, if he's out there causing havoc on the inside then bosa will be able to get to Goff faster. Offence for me is probably AIyuk. If CMC can gain yards then Aiyuk gets less coverage and he can make the catches. Quietly confident that the niners will bounce back from last week. Momentum.

LETS F&^KING GO!!!!!!

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Yep. Well said Deb. Right now I'm on the "anyone but KC" bandwagon....

....but it has nothing to do with Taylor Swift, and everything to do with that whiny bitch, Patrick Mahomes....

Well yes, it started there for me (Mahomes). But the entire saga playing out with the love affair...it's cute and all. But enough already.