NFL Thread

Shift-4

Since Raiders are my team(sob), I’ve learned to become a fan of the game by watching the successful teams.

My Super Bowl pick this year is for the KC Chiefs to take down the SF 49ers by 7 points. 31- 24. 

Four reasons why the Chiefs hoist the prized chalice.

1. Coaching. I think that Andy Reid will out coach Kyle Shannahan. Reid can get sloppy at times, but his play calling and his staff is better than SF

2. KC has a better defense. Or SF defense is just not that good. Both Green Bay and Detroit lit up SF defense. SF will have to find a way to stop Mahomes to Kelce and the KC running game.

3. QB play. Purdy has a long way to go before he can be in the same conversation as Mahomes. PM is crazy good. I read somewhere that he patterned his QB technique from his experience as a shortstop in baseball. 

4. Kicking. SF rookie kicker Moody has missed some key kicks this year. 49ers should have stuck with Robbie Gould.

KC kicker Buettker never seems to miss, in all kinds of weather. Playing this game inside helps SF, as Moody doesn’t have to worry about the elements.

Not disrespecting the 49ers. They have some very good players.

Who does everyone else favour?

^I've said plenty, been a 49er fan since I was a kid. Ironically I found a photo of me during the last season they won they superbowl - it's been a long time so I hope they finally win it after so many years.

Everybody is picking the Chiefs, there's good reason too, but if both the niners offence and defence plays to their potential...look out.

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
  • Cheers 4

I don't really have any skin in the game. Or bets. Or loyalties.

Never really cared who won, but probably would have gone for the 49ers. West Coast represent!

But after watching the shit show south of the border I'm now rooting for Kansas. Its become the Swifties vs the Not So Swifties.  I just want to watch the MAGA conspiracy theorists and other whack jobs lose their minds if the Chiefs win.  Can't wait for all the post game tantrums by Fox News, Mike Pillow, Aaron Rogers, Elon Musk, Marjorie Taylor Greene, the TV evangelists, Alex Jones, etc etc.  And probably the big fat orange baby will chime in as well with his dumb accusations. 

In fact I'd love to see Swift ham it up and cater to their conspiracies by doing exactly what they feared most.  In some celebratory interview after the Chiefs win the game, she proclaims "Vote for Biden!"  Please make this happen. 

• Like 1