NFL Thread

Shift-4

"Jackson died after a three-car crash that occurred at 3:14 a.m."

nothing good happens after 1am.

Seems this man, and his friends were just going home, when a drunk killed them.

For anyone who's curious, here's drone footage from yesterday at the new Bills stadium.  It's coming along nicely.  Some dude has a 24/7 live YouTube feed/camera pointed at the jobsite and he does weekly drone shots to keep people aware of how things are going...

• Cheers 1

I kinda wish that I still disliked the Cowboys.  If I still did, I'd enjoy this news.  Between the Dak contract, and this one, the Cowboys are in a tight corner.  They also owe Parsons over $21M against the cap next year.

Jerr-uh better figure something out fast.

13 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I kinda wish that I still disliked the Cowboys.  If I still did, I'd enjoy this news.  Between the Dak contract, and this one, the Cowboys are in a tight corner.  They also owe Parsons over $21M against the cap next year.

Jerr-uh better figure something out fast.

Yep. We were talking about this back in June, when the Vikes gave JJ twice as much as Ceedee is currently making.....

Since I still hate the Cowboys, I'm enjoying every minute of it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

They took to long to get their contracts in order.  I'm starting to wonder if they'll try and replace Dak with Justin Fields.

Jer-uh isn't that stupid, is he?

17 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

They took to long to get their contracts in order.  I'm starting to wonder if they'll try and replace Dak with Justin Fields.

Jer-uh isn't that stupid, is he?

Yeah, when Jefferson signed that deal with Minny, I said that I bet Jones wished he had locked up Ceedee before then. Now the market for top receivers has been set.....

As far as Dak goes, I'm not sure about Fields, but if I were JJ, I'd be tempted to try and get out from under that contract.

8 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Cowboy haters are gonna hate.

But we Cowboy fans know that Jerry is playing - not four dimensional chess - but FIVE dimensional chess!

So complicated that even he doesn't know how it's going to turn out.

image.png.b194d603e8b59ae582b55ad25dbee360.png

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

It seems very unlikely but maybe the Cowboys let Dak walk after this season?

Dallas Cowboys still waiting to unravel the mystery of QB Trey Lance

"The opportunity to lead the Cowboys in 2025? That’s a long shot but don’t rule out either Lance or Jerry Jones in finding a way to make that happen."

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2024/07/29/dallas-cowboys-still-waiting-to-unravel-the-mystery-of-qb-trey-lance/?sailthru_id=62680b6b4f757f64bad573cd&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Cowboys_07302024&utm_term=Cowboys

NFL pre-season starts tomorrow with the Chicago Bears and Houston Texans in the Hall of Fame game - 5pm.  Chicago has already said that Caleb Williams and most of their first stringers will not be playing in this game.

Normally, I don't pay any attention to pre-season games.  But I think I'll watch the first few minutes of this game just to see how the new kickoff rules work.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, runningback33 said:

Falcons signed Nathan Rourke, looks like he will be battling Taylor Heinicke for the 3rd string QB 

Cousins and Penix are both injury prone; hopefully he gets an opportunity.

• Cheers 1

On 7/31/2024 at 6:14 PM, UnkNuk said:

NFL pre-season starts tomorrow with the Chicago Bears and Houston Texans in the Hall of Fame game - 5pm.  Chicago has already said that Caleb Williams and most of their first stringers will not be playing in this game.

Normally, I don't pay any attention to pre-season games.  But I think I'll watch the first few minutes of this game just to see how the new kickoff rules work.

not a bad game so far but it just got delayed due to bad weather in the area…hopefully they can resume it

1 hour ago, runningback33 said:

not a bad game so far but it just got delayed due to bad weather in the area…hopefully they can resume it

I skimmed through the first half to watch the kickoffs.

Didn't come to any conclusion.  Will have to see how they play out over the season.  But they had to do something about the previous format.

14 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

Whoosh!  Right over my head.

Why are you poking fun at this Nathan Peterman person?  There seems to be a story here that I've missed.

He's an awful QB that keeps getting jobs in the NFL. 

I'm sad to say that the Bills initially drafted him. 

His first season was as Tyrod Taylor's backup.  He lasted 2 quarters as a starter.  He threw 5 interceptions in those 2 quarters before getting pulled at the half and replaced with a rookie Josh Allen.

I think those interceptions either tied or became an NFL record.

People have been calling him the GOAT on social media ever since he got picked up by the Raiders after the Bills immediately dumped him.

Edited by Sabrefan1
  • Thanks 1