NFL Thread

Shift-4

15 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

1. He shouldn't have rolled up his window

2. They didn't have to react like that - they're supposed to DE-escalate situations, not escalate them.

Now.  He didn't get out of the car quick enough.   You're supposed to instantly do the thing that the cop just yelled at you to do.  Even if it is physically impossible to do.

• ThereItIs 1

31 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

1. He shouldn't have rolled up his window

2. They didn't have to react like that - they're supposed to DE-escalate situations, not escalate them.

Look I get what people are saying buy people should put themselves in a cops shoes in the US

Everyone's got tinted windows and highly likely someone has a gun.

I don't blame cops for being on edge in the US when people don't listen to them than go to roll up their tinted windows.

Cops are people too. They want to go home alive

It'd be different if cops getting shot at, attacked, or killed wasn't a thing in the US. But it is.

I'd rather live in a world I get harassed by cops once in a while than one where nobody has any respect for cops or the justice system

1 hour ago, bh90 said:

Look I get what people are saying buy people should put themselves in a cops shoes in the US

Everyone's got tinted windows and highly likely someone has a gun.

I don't blame cops for being on edge in the US when people don't listen to them than go to roll up their tinted windows.

Cops are people too. They want to go home alive

It'd be different if cops getting shot at, attacked, or killed wasn't a thing in the US. But it is.

I'd rather live in a world I get harassed by cops once in a while than one where nobody has any respect for cops or the justice system

The other part of the problem is the over use of the warrior mentality in their training.   Us vs them.

Cop doesn't crack the top ten of dangerous jobs.  I'm always surprised by what beats out cop as dangerous jobs, yet those jobs don't get Kevlar and pistols and tasers and mace and cuffs and... and "tanks".

Should this turn out to be true....what a mess.

Browns QB Deshaun Watson accused of sexual assault, battery while on date in Oct. 2020 in new civil suit

A lawsuit filed on Monday in Houston, Texas, alleges that Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson committed sexual assault and battery while on a date in Oct. 2020.

The new civil suit claims Watson exposed himself, requested a massage and sexually assaulted the victim before she was able to resist and get him to leave her apartment.

Watson, who at the time was on the Houston Texans, violated sections of the Texas state penal code for indecent exposure and assault, per the suit, and the plaintiff seeks damages of more than $1,000,000.

A league spokesperson declined to comment on Monday.

https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-qb-deshaun-watson-accused-of-sexual-assault-battery-while-on-date-in-oct-2020-in-new-civil-suit

7 minutes ago, runningback33 said:

Tua out with a concussion 

Again

and

again

and again

-----------------------

please find a doctor with enough guts to say he's no longer fit for football, before he ends up a drooling idiot.

3 concussions in the NFL, at minimum.