NFL Thread

Shift-4

New Orleans 44   Dallas 19

Wow.

I suppose, as a Cowboys fan, I should be really upset about this game.  

But I'm not.  At least not yet.  

The story here isn't about the Cowboys.  It's about the Saints.  What they did in the first seven quarters of their season was remarkable.  They scored on every possession they had in those seven quarters.  That is amazing!  I like offensive football and that is about as good as it gets.  Either they are a momentary flash in the pan or we may be witnessing something special.

And now Week 3 becomes very, very interesting.  The Cowboys play the Ravens.  If Dallas gets blown out in this game, then I start to be concerned.  I don't think they will be.

And New Orleans plays Philadelphia.  Will they be able to do to the Eagles what they've just done to the Panthers and the Cowboys?  If they do, they are the biggest story in the early part of this season.

I love the NFL!

• Like 3

Bengals seem determined to give this game to the Chiefs....

First a receiver drops a perfect throw from Burrow, that should have resulted in a first down and significant field position. Instead, Burrow fumbles on 3rd down and it ends up in the Berngals end zone, handing the Chiefs a lead they didn't deserve.

Now Chase won't STFU about what he thought was a missed call, despite Burrow and other teammates trying to calm him down. Luckily, the resulting 10 yard penalty didn't cost them a chance at a field goal, but it might have cost them a chance at a first down....

The Chiefs are a tough out even when you don't make stupid mistakes....:picard:

1 hour ago, UnkNuk said:

Wow.

The story here isn't about the Cowboys.  It's about the Saints.  What they did in the first seven quarters of their season was remarkable.  They scored on every possession they had in those seven quarters.  That is amazing!  I like offensive football and that is about as good as it gets.  Either they are a momentary flash in the pan or we may be witnessing something special.

And now Week 3 becomes very, very interesting.  The Cowboys play the Ravens.  If Dallas gets blown out in this game, then I start to be concerned.  I don't think they will be.

And New Orleans plays Philadelphia.  Will they be able to do to the Eagles what they've just done to the Panthers and the Cowboys?  If they do, they are the biggest story in the early part of this season.

I love the NFL!

Here's a picture of the Raven's offensive line, you'll be fine 😄 

r/ravens - O-Line be like

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

Wow.

I love the NFL!

Haven't followed them in a while, is Jerry Jones still exerting too much control over football operations?  Sure, as the owner, it's his right but man, I thought Jimmy Johnson had a big ego.

Sources: Andy Dalton replacing Bryce Young as Panthers' QB

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41288868/sources-andy-dalton-replacing-bryce-young-panthers-qb

The Carolina Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and going with veteran Andy Dalton as the starting quarterback, sources confirmed to ESPN on Monday.

Young had a historically bad day in Sunday's 26-3 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers, passing for only 84 yards to tie for the fourth fewest in team history for a quarterback with at least 25 pass attempts.

He became the third player in the past 20 seasons to average 4 or fewer yards per dropback in four straight starts. He has three interceptions and no touchdowns in two starts this season.

• Thanks 1

One good thing is I survived in my survivor pool by picking Chargers over Panthers. 

With the QB change, I'm not sure if going against the Pathers again will work.

They are playing the Raiders in Vegas.  The Raiders just beat the Ravens in Baltimore.  I'm thinking Dalton will have to have a hell of a game to have a chance.

Screw it, the Raiders it is.  Maybe the Bill's at home over the Jags.