[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Seattle Kraken ⏰ Nov. 18, 2023, 7:00 PM PT📍Rogers Arena

twonum

50 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Kelly Hrudey will not appear on the panel or tv this weekend. He explained  he’s feeling the black dog nipping at his heels and is going to step back for a bit to maintain his mental wellness. 

As much as I gripe about his opinions and team preferences he’s still a good person and openly admits his faults while actively supporting mental health. Feel brighter soon Kelly.

Yeah, for sure - also, I appreciate that he can not only step away but be open about his reasons for it.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Having worked our way up to second in the division we need to scrap like hell to stay top 3 and avoid the dog fight for a wild card spot at the end of the year.

The Krakheads are allowing 4 goals against average. Let's make that average a bit worse for them tonight.

If any of their guys go after Quinn it should be one in, all in. We can't let teams take liberties with our Captain and top player.

• Vintage 1

51 minutes ago, Joe King said:

I think things were more laid back,back then. You could be around players and appreciate what they did. I wouldn't even think about asking for an autograph.

Now it seems players are more celebrity like. More hype and t.v. exposure.

Now people want everything autographed. Sticks and Jerseys ect.

Here I go. All though I do like most of "now a days" I really do miss especially the 70's and early eighties.

In the 50's the senior league that played in the Kootenays was a very big deal. Trail Smoke Eaters, Nelson Maple Leafs, Cranbrook Royals, Kimberley Dynamiters, Spokane Flyers and the Fernie team escapes name me. There were some pretty good hockey players in that league. The '62 - '63 Trail Smoke Eaters were World Champions. They were great guys and they toured thru the Kootenays and played exhibition games in smaller arenas so they had fans everywhere. I was told 5 players from that team were offered NHL contracts but turned them down. Apparently the money wasn't enough to temp them from giving up their Cominco jobs.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Barnstorm said:

Kelly Hrudey will not appear on the panel or tv this weekend. He explained  he’s feeling the black dog nipping at his heels and is going to step back for a bit to maintain his mental wellness. 

As much as I gripe about his opinions and team preferences he’s still a good person and openly admits his faults while actively supporting mental health. Feel brighter soon Kelly.

Nicely put.

Can we still poke fun at his bandanna tho?

IMG_0136.jpeg

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Happy birthday and welcome to the 65 club as we are the same age.  I also starting watching the Canucks the same time you did.  But my Dad was also a Canucks fan.

The 1st game he took me to was against the California Golden Seals.

White skates?

36 minutes ago, The Duke said:

The more we hear about the Lames not wanting to deal with us, the better this looks. 

With Soucy on IR for 8 weeks I wonder how much relief that carves out for Bear at a league minimum deal.

Yeah, he doesn't have much leverage.  Also it's partial season, so getting in under the cap will be easier. 

• Cheers 1