[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Seattle Kraken ⏰ Nov. 18, 2023, 7:00 PM PT📍Rogers Arena

twonum

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

On another note, Kuzmenko has been a big disappointment this year. Where are all the goals? He looks a lot like Beau out there. Yes he's getting assists but he needs to pick his game up.

His shooting percentage was due for some regression, his shooting percentage from last season was unsustainable 

2 minutes ago, Kragar said:

This was kinda like the Islanders game, where the Kraken would get called on at best about half of the glaring penalties.  They just play cleaner than the Isles do.

Credit to them on shutting us down and playing a good road game, but there shoulda been another 1 or 2 power plays for us.  That BS with Boeser being tackled then held down was complete garbage.

And, it was a high stick.

Crap happened again.  Rest up, boys, it's gonna be a long week.

Didn't the Canucks get 6 consecutive pp's against the Isles?

• Vintage 2

8 minutes ago, conquestofbaguettes said:

No.

Like if you broke your leg and you're in a cast and I tell you to run a mile in 5 minutes. Oh, what? You can't ???

You just suck at running! Your injury has NOTHING to do with your capabilities! Just EXCUSES!

Fair? Nope. Nor is it fair to disregard injuries and 5 games in 7 nights as tangible reasons for poor performance. But you go run that mile, hop along. Good luck.

Using an extreme example that in no way actually relates to the discussion makes you look silly. And acting smug about it just makes you look even more silly. Mr Silly pants.

Unless of course you truly believe that a broken leg and feeling tired have the exact same effect on professional hockey player at the peak of physical conditioning. Perhaps most of the teams legs are broken? That woukd explain the struggles a of late?

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd agree with that, but they fo have holes in their game.  They're still a relatively young team and they're just learning how to win consistently.  I think everyone's bar, including theirs, was getting to the post season and I don't see them falling out of that race, if they stay healthy.

5 on 5?

I see that one's no longer mentioned because it was proven to be....false.

• Cheers 1

My thoughts if anybody cares:

The boys still looked tired, especially QH, some bad turnovers in our end. I know he's great, but nobody can play 25-30 minutes per night the way he does and not need a break.

Seattle plays the same game as the Canucks, but they played it better tonight, they won the board battles that the Nucks were winning earlier in the year. 

Blueger<Suter, at least at this point. I understand Bueger just got back from injury, but that third line has zero offensive flash with Suter gone. Joshua looked horrible tonight. 

Hirose looked out of his depth.

For the most part I liked Juulsen's game, especially the way he took the body.

Petey is not Petey, but he was still the shurest hands on the team. Even playing what I think is probably at 80%, his compete level is through the roof.

The Canucks are not as good as their record and Seattle, a playoff team last year was not as bad. Both teams will make the playoffs this year. In a seven game series Vancouver wins because Demko is better than Grubauer.

Edited by Canuckleheads Fan
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

For now.. he's going to cut a few more lol. 

I think the people shitting on the team aren't quite knowledgeable about what the expectations actually are for this team. They're doing great. They will stumble but they've come so far from last year and set themselves up well to push for a playoff spot and possibly even home ice advantage. If you're actually a fan, maybe chill a bit and enjoy this.

You are definitely right about my son and the Canucks. We have definitely improved since last year and are on a good path. I definitely need to look at the positives more and not so much the negatives and just chill like you said. I guess having little to no sleep doesn’t help eh. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Oh really?

We're 4th overall for 5 on 5 goals with 40.

I haven't checked the stats going that far back, but I wonder if you took out game #1 and the SJ game if we would drop considerably. 

Or just look at the last 6 games and see where we stand at 5 on 5. Feels like things are slipping 

Just now, stawns said:

Didn't the Canucks get 6 consecutive pp's against the Isles?

As I said, the Kraken play cleaner than the Isles do.

There were some in the first that game that could easily have been called, too, but they waited until the 2nd before calling anything.

3 minutes ago, Slegr said:

This team is really missing Soucy. The defence is out of balance without him.

Ya, they're missing Soucy but they're also missing Suter.

We heard from Rutherford before the season started that as long as they were healthy, they would be ok and this is being borne out

Not sure why so many are getting in their feels about the "holes in the lineup" comment. I mean, pretty sure Rutherford said himself that the roster needs work still. He even went as far as to say the team is a playoff team, but everything needs to go right. Things aren't going right, right now. Losing Soucy alone already has us icing Juulsen and Hirose. Even before an injury we had Friedman out there. Who at 27 years of age had fewer than 80 games played under his belt. Even after playing 13 games with us, he still only has 78 games under his belt in his career. I definitely think the first month of the year had some of us forgetting who we were. If you want to paint anyone with criticisms of the team as haters, I guess that makes Rutherford a hater too.

Just now, JayDangles said:

I haven't checked the stats going that far back, but I wonder if you took out game #1 and the SJ game if we would drop considerably. 

Or just look at the last 6 games and see where we stand at 5 on 5. Feels like things are slipping 

it was bound to happen.. having the 3rd easiest schedule to start the season + shooting at an unsustainable shooting % while giving up crazy amount of high danger chance.. it was never really sustainable.. it's good we build up a decent cushion, but the last 2 loss against bad teams hurts

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

True but he doesn't even look threatening out there. That has to change or else it just means he's skating around for 40 seconds aimlessly.

I agree, he does need to pick things up, in general at least.  I can see him being a little gun-shy for a bit after the puck in the face. But his lack of production (at least compared to expectations) has been going for a bit

Curious if his lack of scoring has anything to do with Petey not being 100%

2 minutes ago, Kragar said:

I agree, he does need to pick things up, in general at least.  I can see him being a little gun-shy for a bit after the puck in the face. But his lack of production (at least compared to expectations) has been going for a bit

Curious if his lack of scoring has anything to do with Petey not being 100%

Ya it's bad when 2/3 of your top line doesnt look very good and are having issues. Especially for a while now. How many sorries do you think Petey has said to his coach? lol

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

We can't have the team relying exclusively on Petey, JT, Hughes, Hronek and to a lesser extent Hogs, all the time.

We need Mik, Kuz, and all the supporting cast to start scoring, and start contributing.

We need the forwards to help out with the defence again, and the other four d-men play a simple, and mistake free game.

Hughes and Hronek can't keep playing 28:00+ minutes a night.

Beau and Garland just can't get anything into the net.

We need Suter back too.

• Cheers 2