[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Seattle Kraken ⏰ Nov. 18, 2023, 7:00 PM PT📍Rogers Arena

twonum

26 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

We seem to be getting more passive in our play lately, we need to get back to that attack with confidence and physicality like we did in the beginning of the season. Really liked Miller's physical work on McDavid the first couple of games. Calgary got physical with us and we didn't respond. 

Soucy is noticeably missed on the team I hope he returns sooner rather then later. Others need to fill in for him until then, physicality wise IMO.

Soucy out 6-8 weeks.

Wolanin is the logical call up but he's banged up too.  Hirose called up.  Friedman was so so on the left v Flames

• Vintage 1

Was hoping we had 2 days off there, not just 1.  Not a lot of travel to and from Calgary but lots of games (I think Shorty said 5-in-8) lately and that means less practice time as well.

Going to be another tough one to grind out.  This is where the team really needs to show that growth.  

3 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Soucy out 6-8 weeks.

Wolanin is the logical call up but he's banged up too.  Hirose called up.  Friedman was so so on the left v Flames

Yeah I don't see any suitable replacements in the minors, players like Myers and Cole are going to have to step up and make up the deficiency that is left by Soucy. 

A player like Zadorov is the only help I can foresee, anything else is a band aid option IMO.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

After that disappointing effort against the Flames and a big loss, I have no idea which Canucks team will show up tonight. 

You ever play a NHL game, then travel and do another one the next night after a draining hard fought battle win? And you call it disappointing?

Edit: and with Soucy and Kuzmenko out as well? 

Edited by iceman1964
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, iceman1964 said:

You ever play a NHL game, then travel and do another one the next night after a draining hard fought battle win? And you call it disappointing?

Edit: and with Soucy and Kuzmenko out as well? 

I'm not not a millionaire pro athlete, so no, I have never done that. The Canucks are, though.

Too many lazy mistakes cost them. Too tired to make a pass? c'mon. 

And it was mainly disappointing because it was the Flames. I can't stand the Flames or Oilers. Hate losing to them.

5 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

5 hours ago, The Duke said:

Hirose-Myers

and keeping

Hughes-Hronek and Cole-Friedman together.

Personally, I think this is the best solution.  (Or Wolanin-Myers, but Wolanin is hurt?

Wolanin did not play for Abby last night, so he is definitely not healthy. Otherwise I could not understand why Hirose got the call-up instead of him.

Friedman looked uncomfortable on the left side against Calgary.

Myers and Hirose played together at times in preseason, so it makes sense to put them together. It would not make sense to put Hirose and Friedman together without any practice time. Once the Canucks get in a few practices, I would expect to see Hirose play with Friedman.

Also, if Wolanin gets healthy, I would expect to see him get a shot. And waivers is not an issue. As Wolanin cleared waivers earlier in the season he can be brought up and sent back down without waivers as long as he does not stay up for 30 days or 10 games. So the Canucks could get a look at his game and make the call about whether to send him back without waivers or keep him on the team as 7th or 8th man.

Edited by JamesB
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1