[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Seattle Kraken ⏰ Nov. 18, 2023, 7:00 PM PT📍Rogers Arena

twonum

25 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's been the story for the last 7-8 games (with a spattering of good games in there).  As much as people want to think they're a true contending team, they're probably not, not yet.  

The truth is they lean far too hard on their goalies and they struggle to score 5v5 most nights and that's not what the true top teams do.  They're on the right road, obviously, but they've still got a lot of hurdles to get over before they're serious contenders, imo 

It's nice to see them start this season with a good record. Is it sustainable? Most likely not but they just need to take it game by game. Work on the issues, work hard, dictate the game and we'll see where this team goes.

• Cheers 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

Dallas game was 2 weeks ago.

And the results are what matters....they've got those. No one cares if the two points aren't pretty and picture perfect. 

Yes, they need to regroup a bit recently. But no team just blows through unscathed and dominates every game.

I mean yes and no.

Of course the 2 pts are what matter and we'll take em!

but also we are barely squeaking out the 2pts against teams way lower in the standings. 

There's just a real lack of intensity, and the longer that drags on the more concerning it is. I keep hoping the next game will be the one they come out flying in, but it just doesn't happen. 

I support these guys no matter what though so if they can snag another 2 pts tonight I'm happy.

• Like 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

The officiants should be held accountable. I agree. Have an independent review panel that handles complaints. Yes. 

Some sort of system where it affects their ability to call playoff games. Includes horribly missed calls that have no excuse as to why they aren't called. Would likely make them

more observant.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

I mean yes and no.

Of course the 2 pts are what matter and we'll take em!

but also we are barely squeaking out the 2pts against teams way lower in the standings. 

There's just a real lack of intensity, and the longer that drags on the more concerning it is. I keep hoping the next game will be the one they come out flying in, but it just doesn't happen. 

I support these guys no matter what though so if they can snag another 2 pts tonight I'm happy.

My thought too.

And I called 7 - 1 Van tonight 😆😆😆