[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Seattle Kraken ⏰ Nov. 18, 2023, 7:00 PM PT📍Rogers Arena

twonum

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Just wants to get going to the rink ..

and gets benched at home !!

😉

I think Bril is going to the game. And I'm getting the feeling Miller is going to have fantastic game. Just a feeling. Deb will enjoy that.

Or its the 5G and flu shot/covid shot microbes that kicking in.

Maybe I'll be spinning webs and climbing walls later on.....

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

when the whl canucks played before the nhl came to vancouver, both andy bathgate and larry popein who played there, lived in our neighborhood.

in the summer they played on a baseball team. they used to practice on a park across the street from our house.

they use to let us young teens shag balls during their practice. two great guys. never thought to get autographs.

the moral here is, if your shagging flies for a future super star, get an autograph.

I think things were more laid back,back then. You could be around players and appreciate what they did. I wouldn't even think about asking for an autograph.

Now it seems players are more celebrity like. More hype and t.v. exposure.

Now people want everything autographed. Sticks and Jerseys ect.

Here I go. All though I do like most of "now a days" I really do miss especially the 70's and early eighties.

22 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Kelly Hrudey will not appear on the panel or tv this weekend. He explained  he’s feeling the black dog nipping at his heels and is going to step back for a bit to maintain his mental wellness. 

As much as I gripe about his opinions and team preferences he’s still a good person and openly admits his faults while actively supporting mental health. Feel brighter soon Kelly.

He was seconds away from ending his life twice. Anyone who knows Kelly personally all have the same conclusion. The most genuine and nicest man in the world. I have never been the biggest fan of him professionally, but personally one of his biggest. Keep fighting it, don't let it win. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Joe King said:

No I didn't follow any team or sport until the NHL Canucks came to be.

I turned 12 that year and loved being able to have a team to cheer for.

My father would torment me by saying "Why are you wasting your time on a team that will never win the cup". Sometimes when I would get to watch a game on T.V. and he would walk into the room and say"They will lose" and damn if he wasn't right more than he was wrong. But it just made me  more loyal to the team. I wanted them to win more than ever just so I could torment him back. Now I just enjoy watching them play win or lose

I almost forgot Thank you for wishing me a happy birthday and such.

Happy birthday and welcome to the 65 club as we are the same age.  I also starting watching the Canucks the same time you did.  But my Dad was also a Canucks fan.

The 1st game he took me to was against the California Golden Seals.

2 hours ago, JamesB said:

Wolanin did not play for Abby last night, so he is definitely not healthy. Otherwise I could not understand why Hirose got the call-up instead of him.

Friedman looked uncomfortable on the right side against Calgary.

Myers and Hirose played together at times in preseason, so it makes sense to put them together. It would not make sense to put Hirose and Friedman together without any practice time. Once the Canucks get in a few practices, I would expect to see Hirose play with Friedman.

Also, if Wolanin gets healthy, I would expect to see him get a shot. And waivers is not an issue. As Wolanin cleared waivers earlier in the season he can be brought up and sent back down without waivers as long as he does not stay up for 30 days or 10 games. So the Canucks could get a look at his game and make the call about whether to send him back without waivers or keep him on the team as 7th or 8th man.

Yep, I definitely agree.  Hopefully Hirose’s calm game works with Myers and Cole-Friedman can keep that early effectiveness they found. 

This is where the team and coaching staff have to show they’re not a flash in the pan.  Little bit of adversity here a little tired and banged up coming off a 5 GA loss.

• Cheers 1