[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Seattle Kraken ⏰ Nov. 18, 2023, 7:00 PM PT📍Rogers Arena

twonum

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Disappointed

Lack do D depth is showing.  Lot of mistakes and blown coverages, esp in third. 

See what adjustments they can make. 

No much time to get practice time.  

Sucks to lost it a div opponent

Better win the next one in Seattle. 

Seattle has been owning us lately winning three in a row. We need to beat our div opponents like we have against the Oilers. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Well said. Just because we lose a couple or go on a losing streak doesn't mean we won't find our game again ... life ebbs and flows. This was bound to happen after such a hot start. 

See how they handle the adversity.  Fatigue, injuries, AHL call ups.  They need to adjust and play better. 

Get their staples and pillars back. 

Lot of work to do. 

Lost a couple of games to div rivals.

Need to right the ship and win next game.  

Can't take any team lightly. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I mean, I am not off the wagon. But some of us got some flack for saying we had a soft schedule to start the year. The next two weeks are the toughest part of the first two months. Just sayin' that some of us didn't fully buy our early record. Again, I am not off the wagon. But I wanted to see this team play the tougher games and see how they respond. This was a tough game, all the divisional games we have the next couple weeks are gonna be rough. These are the important games to win to help us make the playoffs. Two regulation losses, it's not ideal. I am sure we'll dig up some excuses though.

No one expected the Oilers to suck...they weren't supposed to be "lesser"...they were supposed to be cup contenders. We helped make them lesser and planted a seed of doubt and lack of confidence.

Don't give excuses to other teams either for their losses...we earned those wins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Excuses.

No.

Like if you broke your leg and you're in a cast and I tell you to run a mile in 5 minutes. Oh, what? You can't ???

You just suck at running! Your injury has NOTHING to do with your capabilities! Just EXCUSES!

Fair? Nope. Nor is it fair to disregard injuries and 5 games in 7 nights as tangible reasons for poor performance. But you go run that mile, hop along. Good luck.

Edited by conquestofbaguettes
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Kurtis said:

Teething son that took all my time. He’s finally done. 

For now.. he's going to cut a few more lol. 

I think the people shitting on the team aren't quite knowledgeable about what the expectations actually are for this team. They're doing great. They will stumble but they've come so far from last year and set themselves up well to push for a playoff spot and possibly even home ice advantage. If you're actually a fan, maybe chill a bit and enjoy this.

Edited by Joshua.Guy
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Jaimito said:

See how they handle the adversity.  Fatigue, injuries, AHL call ups.  They need to adjust and play better. 

Get their staples and pillars back. 

Lot of work to do. 

Lost a couple of games to div rivals.

Need to right the ship and win next game.  

Can't take any team lightly. 

100% ... that's really what it is.

The thing is ... this isn't the same team we've seen the past few seasons. We're actually one of the best teams in the league. They're putting it together, which comes with adversity. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Disappointed

Lack do D depth is showing.  Lot of mistakes and blown coverages, esp in third. 

See what adjustments they can make. 

No much time to get practice time.  

Sucks to lost it a div opponent

Better win the next one in Seattle. 

Poor effort against the boards - Seattle won almost all of them; couldn't hold on to the puck - both defence and forwards; forwards couldn't catch passes; some flukey goals tonight; Canucks looked slow; hard to blame it on "the lack of D." Poor effort all around - shades of last year's Canucks.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Seattle has been owning us lately winning three in a row. We need to beat our div opponents like we have against the Oilers. 

Last yr Nux sucked.  The yr before Nux beat Seattle every game. 

This yr is closer matched.  Nux didn't play well tonight. Credit to Seattle.

Next game in Seattle will be important to take some pts from them. 

Just now, NucksFan said:

Bieksa just said that exact thing, 5 in 7 and all the travel 

And that's coming from a player's mouth...who understands the deal.

Other teams get "excuses" for losing to us....

The team hasn't been up to par. Petey's off (for a reason that's undisclosed). Demko isn't his absolute best. And yes, depth/injuries are an issue. Secondary scoring too. But we're not a team to write off as some would already do. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, conquestofbaguettes said:

No.

Like if you broke your leg and you're in a cast and I tell you to run a mile in 5 minutes. Oh, what? You can't ???

You just suck at running! Your injury has NOTHING to do with your capabilities! Just EXCUSES!

Fair? Nope. Nor is it fair to disregard injuries and 5 games in 7 nights as tangible reasons for poor performance. But you go run that mile, hop along. Good luck.

There are millions of reasons why they should be able to put a better effort than that. I just think the effort wasn't great. Sure they are tired but keep it 2-2 and get the point. They stood around a lot tonight and gave up the puck at the blue line quite a bit.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1