[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Seattle Kraken ⏰ Nov. 18, 2023, 7:00 PM PT📍Rogers Arena

twonum

1 minute ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Why? Seattle is competitive, albeit probably not a playoff team this year. San Jose is the drizzling shits and we should murder them.

Lol ... when I say ... to be fair ... I'm concerned ... I'm actually making fun of those who say ... to be fair ... I'm concerned.

Those two things are often gateways to justifying negativity. 

I'm poking fun at language used.

• Like 1

- Petey's line has been getting outplayed at 5 on 5.  Kuzy doesn't have his confidence either, and Mikheyev is the only one really pushing forward on that line right now.  

- JT Miller's line was okay, but Boeser had a really tough game I thought.  Nothing was going his way, and he was a bit too passive.  PDG was fairly invisible tonight too.  JT was the best forward by far.  

- Garland's line was okay, as him and Blueger created some turnovers and chaos and didn't really get pinned down in our own zone.  I thought that Joshua looked very slow today.  If I'm taking someone out of the lineup when Suter is healthy, it's Joshua.  

- Hoggy was average tonight until the last few minutes of the game. Maybe he needs to be given a spot higher up the lineup?  At this point, I wouldn't mind seeing Hoggy given a shot with either JT Miller or Petey's line.  Gotta mix things up a little.  

Myers was playing well until his miscue where he cost us a goal.  Hirose was decent, made a few mistakes but didn't look out of place.  

Juulsen - Cole was pretty good most of the night.  

Lastly, Demko's been average for me despite his numbers.  He's been getting beat by a lot of shots from midrange.  

We did hit a crossbar and a post today...  Seattle got kinda lucky that Eberle's tip wasn't called back, but it is what it is. 

12 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

The Canucks are 12-4-1 and you think they have glaring holes. Don't be so fucking daft. 

Of course they do.  Theyre in the spot there in because of goaltending and the PP, they've struggled to score 5v5 for awhile now.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

And that's coming from a player's mouth...who understands the deal.

Other teams get "excuses" for losing to us....

The team hasn't been up to par. Petey's off (for a reason that's undisclosed). Demko isn't his absolute best. And yes, depth/injuries are an issue. Secondary scoring too. But we're not a team to write off as some would already do. 

lol, No one is writing them off. The last two games are worrisome. Demko letting in a lot of goals is concerning. Hopefully this is a two game losing streak and it ends against San Jose.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

And that's coming from a player's mouth...who understands the deal.

Other teams get "excuses" for losing to us....

The team hasn't been up to par. Petey's off (for a reason that's undisclosed). Demko isn't his absolute best. And yes, depth/injuries are an issue. Secondary scoring too. But we're not a team to write off as some would already do. 

Yep, he said the Players would have seen this stretch and thought “oh boy” 

amazing how many are losing their minds after 2 losses during a tough stretch , forgetting all the amazing success so far and are practically throwing themselves off the bus…crazy with sooo much time left 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

I think we are taking our losses a little more difficult than we should. 6-3 in November still. Yes this loss sucks and you don't want to lose em. But we still have 2 games against San Jose coming. I really hope this team finds a way. Cause the grind isn't even close to over yet. We have 4 games next week including a Friday/Saturday back to back in Seattle and then in San Jose. We can't keep using the games played excuse, cause we can't afford divisional losses. Good teams find a way to win. So I am hopeful the boys take the two gimmes we have against San Jose next week. And squeeze out a W against the Kraken in the rematch. Colorado will be tough.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Haddy said:

Honestly I wouldn't. I feel like McWard ready to make the jump at league min and limited minutes... we still have Soucy, Cole, Hughes, Hronek... between Friedman, Hirose, Juulsen I feel like we are OK without overpaying Myers. Need that cash to re-sign Hronek, Pete, and Kuz anyways.

They're still light on the right side.  Most of those names are lefties.  This is why I wouldn't be surprised to see Myers re-signed for less than half what he's making now.  He had been playing well but as usual, when he's put under stress, we see the chaos giraffe again.  

McWard, Friedman, Juulsen, Bear are all 3rd pair or worse.  I think that the long term solution is still to be found.  Tom Willander is still probably 4 years from the top 4

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Of course they do.  Theyre in the spot there in because of goaltending and the PP, they've struggled to score 5v5 for awhile now.

Glaring holes is too strong of a term. They have holes like literally every team in this league. They've had a tougher schedule lately and refs are now hesitant to give them power plays as it's red hot. Teams play them harder because they're good. Just comes with being a good team.

At the end of the day, this is a 'good' team and there's no need to fret about areas they could, and hopefully do, improve upon. Just enjoy the show.

Edited by Joshua.Guy
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

This was kinda like the Islanders game, where the Kraken would get called on at best about half of the glaring penalties.  They just play cleaner than the Isles do.

Credit to them on shutting us down and playing a good road game, but there shoulda been another 1 or 2 power plays for us.  That BS with Boeser being tackled then held down was complete garbage.

And, it was a high stick.

Crap happened again.  Rest up, boys, it's gonna be a long week.

2 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:

We Suck Again Oh No GIF - We Suck Again Oh No The Waterboy - Discover &  Share GIFs

Well if this continues, yes but as of right now the holes the lineup are really affecting the team. Everything has to go perfectly this year, remember. It's only two games but you do t want to lose three in a row.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well if this continues, yes but as of right now the holes the lineup are really affecting the team. Everything has to go perfectly this year, remember.

Perfectly for.. what? They've given themselves a huge one up to make the playoffs. Are your expectations higher than that? Shouldn't be.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Glaring holes is too strong of a term. They have holes like literally every team in this league. They've had a tougher schedule lately and refs are hesitant lately to give them power plays. Teams play them harder because they're good. 

At the end of the day, this is a 'good' team and there's no need to fret about areas they could, and hopefully do, improve upon. Just enjoy the show.

I'd agree with that, but they fo have holes in their game.  They're still a relatively young team and they're just learning how to win consistently.  I think everyone's bar, including theirs, was getting to the post season and I don't see them falling out of that race, if they stay healthy.

• Cheers 1