[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Seattle Kraken ⏰ Nov. 18, 2023, 7:00 PM PT📍Rogers Arena

twonum

38 minutes ago, J-23 said:

No reason to worry.

Like Bieksa said, travel isn’t easy right now.

Hughes and Hronek can’t be playing 30 minutes. 

Hoglander to the Pettersson line please.

Yes, that line needs a shakeup.   I was trying to think back when EP40 and Kuzmenko had success last year and who was the 3rd linemate - and if memory serves me, i believe it was BoVilier.   (Correct me if I'm wrong)    So, why not try him on that line again as he's done almost nothing so far this year playing on the 3rd line.   Nothing to lose at this point.

• Cheers 1

• Ribs changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Seattle Kraken ⏰ Nov. 18, 2023, 7:00 PM PT📍Rogers Arena
49 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

We need better depth on D and need to get rid of Beau and get more grit 

100% agree 

Hughes has looked tired past 3 games had a giveaway in calgary and tonight wgich ended up in our net 

Myers chaos giraffed it up again tonight several times and caused a goal against …again 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Yes, that line needs a shakeup.   I was trying to think back when EP40 and Kuzmenko had success last year and who was the 3rd linemate - and if memory serves me, i believe it was BoVilier.   (Correct me if I'm wrong)    So, why not try him on that line again as he's done almost nothing so far this year playing on the 3rd line.   Nothing to lose at this point.

because tocchet wants him gone. he refused to play beauvillier with EP since the beginning of march. he never seen a shift with EP since even preseasons

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Bringing in Tocchet is the best thing this club has done since drafting Hughes.

Its clear he thinks changes cost us this game, and in a 1 goal game hes right. Our team is clearly still learning how to be a top level team, and the thing that gives me confidence is having guys like Tocchet, Allvin & Rutherford leading the organization, these are guys that have been there & seen it all. They are trying to build a winner with this group & instilling that standard is #1.

I do wonder about Kuzy & if he's long for this organization. Not that I want him gone I really like him, but if your building a winner & the coach is continually not satisfied with what he brings, at what point do they decide he's not it & make a move. We are talking about a group who traded James Neal for Hornqvist, which was seen as a downgrade at the time but worked wonders as Hornqvist was critical in winning those cups.

I'm willing to give Kuzmenko the benefit of the doubt for the rest of this year at least. Take tonight for instance; Pettersson had an off game, wasn't passing well.

He maybe nursing something, who knows but there's no doubt, we have seen them work well together at times. I for one am happy to see how coach Rick brings 

him along.

16 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

We have nothing anyone would want in a trade.

That's the problem.

Even if you move our first. We need to move salary with it.

Only move I can see is Garland and a 1st to Arizona for Dumba. And I'm not sure a 1st and Garland will move the needle on a RHD even with a 1 year deal.

I dont think we'll see much at all until the trade deadline. I dream of the day we move Myers and Beauvillier... and bring Chris Tanev home again!!! 😆 He's on his last year in Calgary.

And according to his recent interview on 32 thoughts, he and Quinn are stilll really close. (Great interview btw if you want to hear it.)

13 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

100% agree 

Hughes has looked tired past 3 games had a giveaway in calgary and tonight wgich ended up in our net 

Myers chaos giraffed it up again tonight several times and caused a goal against …again 

We're in trouble. This team defensively has lost its shape since Soucy has gone down. 

At what point does Allvin and management feel like they need to make a trade to add to their back end? The defensive depth is thin back there. Juulsen does not cut it. He's just really bad

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

We're in trouble. This team defensively has lost its shape since Soucy has gone down. 

At what point does Allvin and management feel like they need to make a trade to add to their back end? The defensive depth is thin back there. Juulsen does not cut it. He's just really bad

Once again, its not a matter of wanting to make a trade.

We don't really have much to offer a team to make a trade other than our first.

And seeing the lack of secondary scoring, I'm now thinking we're going to need to hold onto Lekkerimaki, and our defensive prospects from this last draft.

11 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

As much as I like Tanev, he'll be 34 in December.

Is he better than a lot of our RHD? Yes.

Calgary would insist on Vancouver paying through the nose to get him back.

So don't get your hopes up on any players from Calgary being traded to Vancouver.

If that's what's available and you need an upgrade... that's the price you gotta pay.

• Upvote 1

The team spends too much time waiting for perfect shooting lanes. Sometimes you just gotta sift it through traffic and hope it finds a way there. Hope for a deflection or a bobble you can pounce on. As Toch says, you can’t hit a home run every play. Sometimes you gotta just get pucks to the front of the net. We were getting boxed out and pressured hard on the perimeter all night. 

12 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

As much as I like Tanev, he'll be 34 in December.

Is he better than a lot of our RHD? Yes.

Calgary would insist on Vancouver paying through the nose to get him back.

So don't get your hopes up on any players from Calgary being traded to Vancouver.

I don't think a trade will happen, Calgary doesn't want to trade him here & would need something entirely unreasonable to pull the trigger.

But in UFA I think it makes perfect sense. 2 year deal 3.5-4M, perfect stop gap for Willander.

Then re-sign Ian Cole aswell, get a couple of vets that can really help solidify this team.

Hughes - Hronek

Soucy - Tanev

Cole - Willander/McWard

• Like 1