Milan Lucic will be taking an indefinite LoA after a domestic incident.

Crimson JH

22 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Anyone who is like “we need to wait and see” is living in a make believe world.

Anytime abuse becomes public, you damn well know it’s serious and it’s real. Lucic is a bully and a wife beating loser. Cuff him boys. 

Jussie Smollett says hi

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

On 11/18/2023 at 1:06 PM, LaBamba said:

Anyone who is like “we need to wait and see” is living in a make believe world.

Anytime abuse becomes public, you damn well know it’s serious and it’s real. Lucic is a bully and a wife beating loser. Cuff him boys. 

Yes, people that practice restraint and want to see facts come out first are "in a make belief world". 

Your pal Amber Heard says hello 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

On 11/18/2023 at 6:22 PM, -dlc- said:

And this is a selfish thought....some here suggested we sign this guy. I'm glad now that we didn't (regardless of who's right/wrong here). Our team needs to move away from a negative dramatic spotlight being shone on them and to just have the focus be on hockey. So a near miss if ever we were considering this. Let Boston deal with this mess and a little adversity for once. I empathize with the family/Luc but I'm also glad it's not our team even if hockey is one big family. A team so highly touted and supported by the league falls from grace a bit. Stigma IS attached (as much as I hate that) and until that changes, it's not lowly Vancouver being talked about.

Thank god we never got involved with the Lucic circus... 

In saying that, Bostons problems will be buried like the rest of the shit that happened in that club. 
Marchand being able to still play hockey, Chara hitting the player into the stanchion, Rome a lofe time ban ( almost) for a hit a split second late, numpty breaking Raymonds back etc etc... it'll all be burried and forgotten... like Chigaco and rapist coach, so for Boston to have anything to deal with, I don't see much problems for them. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

As much as I don't like the guy, he seems fine off the ice.  Also paid arena workers who were laid off during Covid.  

All good, and so they should, still can't stand him, and even if he spends every night helping old ladies across the road in front of the hospital, I likely never will...

To be honest, its a product of the league... could care less if he soft punched Sedin in the face, but its all the garbage dirty plays he has gotten away with throughout his career... 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/19/2023 at 4:51 AM, Jeremy Hronek said:

Brittany is another goof.  Memories of her chirping Corey Schneider's girlfriend for no reason whatsoever.  That being said, I do sympathize with her (slightly) if she was in fact abused in this case.  

Sounds like the perfect match....

How many times have you seen couples like this stirring trouble in town.... 

Often these couples have domestic violent issues, where most debates are sorted with a fist. 

Have zero respect for wife beaters or any man hitting women. (Guess it goes both ways). If your partnership is so bad, that disagreements is sorted with the fist, you should break away... imidiately or at least after the second breech... Will never understand this. 

In saying this, too many false allegations are being made, so lets see, but there can be zero room for hitting your partner. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, spook007 said:

All good, and so they should, still can't stand him, and even if he spends every night helping old ladies across the road in front of the hospital, I likely never will...

To be honest, its a product of the league... could care less if he soft punched Sedin in the face, but its all the garbage dirty plays he has gotten away with throughout his career... 

I can't say I disagree but there's a difference between a guy like Marchand who limits it to on the ice and a guy like Lucic who is absolute trash on and off the ice.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

23 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Hearing initial reports of choking involved this is a serious matter of rehab, therapy and potential bigger punishment too. 

Yes. Demons, skeletons, we all have something in the closet but choking out the wife, is unacceptable and criminal. There are lines you just don't cross. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Hmm so according to the police report she said he tried to choke her. When police arrived she said he pulled her hair but never tried to strangle her? So which is it did he or did he not choke her. 

Let's not speculate, let the police sort that out

12 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

wonder if bruins will push for contract termination 

They'll probably do nothing 

31 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Hmm so according to the police report she said he tried to choke her. When police arrived she said he pulled her hair but never tried to strangle her? So which is it did he or did he not choke her. 

wonder if bruins will push for contract termination 

It had to be pretty bad. Lucic is famous and the wife knows darn well when she makes the call it's headline city. Speculation on my part, but this is probably ongoing and she's had enough. 

5 hours ago, spook007 said:

Thank god we never got involved with the Lucic circus... 

In saying that, Bostons problems will be buried like the rest of the shit that happened in that club. 
Marchand being able to still play hockey, Chara hitting the player into the stanchion, Rome a lofe time ban ( almost) for a hit a split second late, numpty breaking Raymonds back etc etc... it'll all be burried and forgotten... like Chigaco and rapist coach, so for Boston to have anything to deal with, I don't see much problems for them. 

But, but Ron McLean will start another Burrows is evil campaign!

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 1

Boston Bruins forward Lucic to be arraigned on assault charge after wife called police to their home

image.png.4dddc502400d3102631c819e1d620eea.png

BOSTON (AP) — Boston Bruins forward Milan Lucic is scheduled to be arraigned on an assault charge in connection with his arrest this weekend after his wife called police to their home and said he tried to choke her.

A Boston Police Department report released Monday said Lucic, a member of the Bruins 2011 Stanley Cup championship team, appeared intoxicated when they arrived at his North End apartment early Saturday. According to the police report, Lucic was arrested on suspicion of assault and battery on a family member, which carries a maximum penalty of 2 1/2 years in prison; he is scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday.

Lucic's agent did not reply to an email seeking comment over the weekend, and did not immediately respond to text message seeking comment Monday.

The police report said Brittany Lucic told police on the telephone that her husband tried to choke her. When officers arrived, she said Milan Lucic had pulled her hair but did not try to strangle her. She declined an offer of medical treatment.

The 6-foot-3, 236-pound Vancouver native has not played since Oct. 21 because of injury. He has two assists in four games this season.

The Bruins said Saturday that Lucic was taking an indefinite leave of absence from the team. Coach Jim Montgomery and captain Brad Marchand said they would provide Lucic’s family any support necessary but declined to otherwise comment on the arrest.

After making his NHL debut in 2007 as a 19-year-old, Lucic played the first eight seasons of his career with the Bruins, scoring a career-high 30 goals in 2010-11 to help Boston win the Stanley Cup. He played the next eight seasons for the Kings, Oilers and Flames before signing a one-year free agent contract last summer to return to the Bruins.

5 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

While I don't wish ill will on anyone, if the allegations are found to be true, I would have a drink to the thought of this POS suffering the harshest  consequences.

It sounds to me like you do given how you ended your sentence.

If Lucic really choked Brittany, that's highly concerning (not that pulling her hair isn't also concerning) as choking is the biggest predictor that domestic violence will escalate to eventual homicide.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, 112 said:

It sounds to me like you do given how you ended your sentence.

If Lucic really choked Brittany, that's highly concerning (not that pulling her hair isn't also concerning) as choking is the biggest predictor that domestic violence will escalate to eventual homicide.

Alright, ya got me there bud!

A little less ambiguity for ya..."If" as I said, the allegations are found to be true, I absolutely wish for "ill will" to that abusive prick.

2 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Alright, ya got me there bud!

A little less ambiguity for ya..."If" as I said, the allegations are found to be true, I absolutely wish for "ill will" to that abusive prick.

Not trying to find an exit for you, but there's nothing incompatible with your original statement.  One can be of the nature to wish no ill will on anyone, but still want to see proper justice for a situation like this - one that comes with appropriate consequences, which could also be the harshest if the situation warranted it.  :classic_ninja:

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, King Heffy said:

As much as I don't like the guy, he seems fine off the ice.  Also paid arena workers who were laid off during Covid.  

I have disliked few players as much as Marchand back in the day but the guy has gone and turned into a late ballot Hall of Famer since then.  He hasn't done much to really make me hate him in about a decade.

• Cheers 1