Milan Lucic will be taking an indefinite LoA after a domestic incident.

Crimson JH

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

And this is a selfish thought....some here suggested we sign this guy. I'm glad now that we didn't (regardless of the who's right/wrong here). Our team needs to move away from a negative dramatic spotlight being shone on them and to just have the focus be on hockey. So a near miss if ever we were considering this. Let Boston deal with this mess and a little adversity for once. I empathize with the family/Luc but I'm also glad it's not our team even if hockey is one big family. A team so highly touted and supported by the league steps down from grace a bit. Stigma IS attached (as much as I hate that) and until that changes, it's not lowly Vancouver being talked about.

I think we should let facts come out first before we jump to conclusions.  

My friend was in a long term relationship with a girl who was the abusive one (verbally and physically).  

She punched holes in his wall and was yelling at him one night, neighbours called the cops and arrested him automatically. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

My friend was in a long term relationship with a girl who was the abusive one (verbally and physically).  

She punched holes in his wall and was yelling at him one night, neighbours called the cops and arrested him automatically. 

I believe I did that...

Sad. There are always two sides to every story. In domestic disputes nothing ever warrants a man putting his hands on a woman. Walk away. Go to the garage and punch a punching bag. 

And it works the other way too...if she's assaulting him charge her. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

And another thing to consider in regard to CTE, and it's potential impact to the emotional and physical health of the athlete, and in particular it's correlation to the NHL "fighters", is that they didn't just start fighting their tough peers once they were in the NHL, they also had many, many fights in junior as well, with blows to the head of in many cases, still developing brains, and when brain injury synapse may likely, and irreversibly have already occurred.

I don't know the details of this Looch thing, but if he is guilty I certainly wouldn't condone his behavior, it would be unacceptable and abhorrent, but at the same time I would hope he would get the help he needs, and that the parties involved could find healing and closure also.

398 pim over 183 games in the bchl/ whl. I dont know how many of those minutes are from fights, but i would have to imagine there were at least 30 fights. I probably saw a couple myself when he played for coquitlam

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, hockeyville88 said:

This is crazy. I know he is a goon on the ice, but he has never had that reputation off of it. He seems like a great family man and someone who has always been involved in the community. Perhaps it is a sign of poor mental health And being in a bad place right now.

Either way, I wish him well and hope he is able to get the help he needs to be well 

I remember when he had that altercation in the West End, it was framed as another example of the type of people in Vancouver.  Now, as Deb said, there's "two sides to the story" but...

8 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Anyone who is like “we need to wait and see” is living in a make believe world.

Anytime abuse becomes public, you damn well know it’s serious and it’s real. Lucic is a bully and a wife beating loser. Cuff him boys. 

Johnny Depp says hi

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Except the rules are reversed when it's SA involving Virtanen. Then it doesn't matter, even if the courts find him not guilty. Then you have to ignore the facts and virtue signal at every opportunity. It's the Vancouver way.

Nice to see so many people supporting Lucic though

Hopefully he gets the help he needs, hopefully she does too. I didn't care for him as a hockey player but his fighting hundreds of times over the course of his career probably hasn't helped. 

Being wealthy doesn't excuse people from having their demons. 

• ThereItIs 3

12 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Probably hides issues longer.

Wouldn't doubt it, fortunately he's got the financial resources to get help and likely plenty of support from friends/teammates around the league, the Boston Bruins, the NHL, and so on 

A lot of those who perpetrate domestic abuse don't have access to the kind of supports he does, hopefully he makes the most of it

I get that this is a Canucks forum but I'm reluctant to demonize him because of his being an ex-Bruin, ex-Flame, ex-whatever, domestic violence is a complicated matter and we don't know the entirety of the story 

Oftentimes those who abuse have their own demons, trauma is extremely complicated, there's a lot of data out there for example regarding how those who sexually abuse were often sexually abused as children themselves

There can be layers to this shit, ripple effects, damaging cycles

Hopefully everyone involved gets the help they need, that's the best case scenario 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 3

8 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Without the details it’s hard to have any judgement on the situation. But this has happened with Brittany about a decade ago with Lucic where he was just drunk and belligerent but no physical violence. If it's more of the same it’s still not right and he needs some help to cope better. If it’s worse than that he really needs help. 

Brittany is another goof.  Memories of her chirping Corey Schneider's girlfriend for no reason whatsoever.  That being said, I do sympathize with her (slightly) if she was in fact abused in this case.  

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, gwarrior said:

I'm just happy he didn't sign here when his last contract was up. This is going to potentially be a PR nightmare if, or when, he comes back. But here, it would become an instant PR shit storm.

If Milan Lucic goes to jail over this, I'm going to mail him pictures of him celebrating the cup in Vancouver to his jail cell.  

That should cheer him up.  

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1