Milan Lucic will be taking an indefinite LoA after a domestic incident.

Crimson JH

9 hours ago, Olli Juolevi said:

I think your metrics might be a little off though. There’s plenty of elite athletes or people at the very top of other fields that I’d still call losers. Bobby Hull, Ray Lewis, Julio Urias, come to mind. 

True, but Schneider was nothing but class (well.....other than those cheesy Jannik Hansen imitations I guess, lol).

16 hours ago, spook007 said:

not sure how fans are supposed to behave at games, if the players wives behave like trailer trash... so yes they deserve one another...

We talkin' NHL players' wives?

Or just reg'ler hockey players' wives.

Cuz there's lots of them that live in trailers..

Not say'n' nuth'n 'bout nobody.

ricky-trailer.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Goal_thecup said:

We talkin' NHL players' wives?

Or just reg'ler hockey players' wives.

Cuz there's lots of them that live in trailers..

Not say'n' nuth'n 'bout nobody.

ricky-trailer.gif

Nah just a figure of speech amigo...

I find it embarrashing, if players wives are acting like trash... 

its classless in my humble opinion. 
Leave the fighting and the actions to the boys on the ice... 

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1

On 11/21/2023 at 11:34 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

So, Lucic was looking for his cell phone after he came home drunk, he told his wife that she took it, she denied it and walked away, he grabbed her hair and said you aren't going anywhere.  She denied that he choked her, and they found a broken lamp upstairs in the bedroom.  The cops showed up, Lucic said nothing happened, they told him they were called in for a domestic abuse allegation and he was cooperative and left with the cops.

That about sums it up.  He didn't choke her out, but apparently she had some red marks on her chest.  She also refused EMT help.  I would say this gets thrown out in court.  Worst case scenario is he has to pay a fine and do some community service.  The absolute worst case scenario for Lucic is that his wife files for divorce and takes all of his money...

In terms of domestic abuse, I have seen and heard alot worse than this.  Not sure why she even called the cops unless she thought he was going to kill her.  Who knows what has happened previously when he's come home drunk.  We will never know...

Stop touching people's phones!

How many NHL careers have to end before people figure it out! God dammit! When will people learn!

Hopefully the Canucks go back to Pagers or fax or pigeons or something just to be safe. 

On 11/21/2023 at 10:34 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

The cops showed up, Lucic said nothing happened, they told him they were called in for a domestic abuse allegation and he was cooperative and left with the cops.

Wonder why they didn't let him put a shirt on.

1 minute ago, Olli Juolevi said:

They probably asked him to but Looch insisted on going shirtless so the fellas in the clink could admire his ink. 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Bruins fans maybe?

Haha,

Its a small thing but cops usually let you get dressed if you are cooperating. In fact they would likely offer. They usually dont want to touch half naked people if they can help it. Well, I'm sure theres a few that do...but there not supposed to admit that.

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Haha,

Its a small thing but cops usually let you get dressed if you are cooperating. In fact they would likely offer. They usually dont want to touch half naked people if they can help it. Well, I'm sure theres a few that do...but there not supposed to admit that.

Who knows really, maybe they were still verbally fighting and they wanted him out quickly?

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Anyone else think he intimidated her not to testify?

Nah, but it's probably a complicated scenario. If anything he might have begged her to stay. 

Even if abuse actually took place, she may not want to leave him or have their little family torn apart. That doesn't require intimidation, just feelings or wants on her part. 

Lot of folks stay with their abusers for several reasons. 

I mean, they may or may not have a prenup agreement but she could almost certainly walk away from him with some significant assets if she so desired. 

Lucic has made an estimated 72M over his career, she could get some of that. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

And for YEARS this was my secret. I never spoke about it, even though everyone knew. I was to never talk about him. Ever. And so I never did.

But this is me reclaiming my power. Telling MY story. It feels weird to unload it here but....it's also healing when I share it. 

It wasn't my fault.

It was never your fault. Thanks for the trust and strength to share.

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 2