[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs San Jose Minnows at Rogers Arena, Nov 20, 7PM PST

Rocket-68

Upcoming Deals  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Canucks Land a fLames Player?

• Yes, Chris Tanev but only if the Canucks give up a 4th round pick or less - he's a rental after all.
    • Yes, the other Giraffe on D (Russian one this time), but only if he agrees to a trade / sign deal that isn't longer than 4 years
    • Never!!!!! Flames won't trade within Western Conference unless it is Tanev for Pettersson or something like that.
    • #3 aside (Petey), yes, but only if it is more than the Canucks (or any other team) would be willing to pay ... DON'T DO IT Allvin!
  2. 2. Where will the Canucks Big 4 Finish! Multiple Choice Allowed here.

• Boeser will win the Rocket Richard ... pfffftttt pffffttttt, it is BC after all
    • Boeser will hit the top 3 in goals scored but sadly not the RR trophy
    • Petey will win the Hart Trophy and/or lead the league in points ... once he gets back to 100% health, watch the F out
    • Huggy will grab the Norris but sadly will not match Bobby Orr and become only the second D-man to lead the league in scoring
    • Miller will pull an Oven-Chicken and score 50+ goals while possibly leading the league in hits by a top 6 player
    • Chaos Giraffe will win the Lady Bing, just not on the Canucks
    • BWHAHAHAHAAAA ... none of the above, see my comments below

This has to be a must win game.We cannot go into the Avs game after a loss tot he sharks. Defensively we have been pretty putrid the last few games since Soucy went down. Juulsen is obviously not the answer. I could not believe they didnt bring Wolanin up. Hughes cannot play 30 mins again. We are burning him out. Whoever starts this game in net better bring it because we need timely stops and no softies. Lets Go Canucks

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

I think it will be DeSmith starting tonight and then Demko against the Avs. Demko on Friday against the Kraken and DeSmith against the Sharks. 

why would they rest demko so much this month? all these extra long rest in between games is doing more harms than it is good for him as a starter u need games to be in a groove.. extra long rest in between games? he came off a  5 days 4 days and a 3 days rest in his last 3 games.. if desmith is starting tonight.. demko is literally playing 4 games in 2 and a half weeks. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I think it will be DeSmith starting tonight and then Demko against the Avs. Demko on Friday against the Kraken and DeSmith against the Sharks. 

Demko needs a run of games to get into a groove, imo.  This isn't 1A/1B scenario here

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

why would they rest demko so much this month? all these extra long rest in between games is doing more harms than it is good for him as a starter u need games to be in a groove.. extra long rest in between games? he came off a  5 days 4 days and a 3 days rest in his last 3 games.. if desmith is starting tonight.. demko is literally playing 4 games in 2 and a half weeks. 

There's still a long season to go. Even goalies need to be fresh and rested. You don't want to overplay Demko because in the past he was injured from carrying the team. Just my opinion though

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Mikeyman109 said:

This has to be a must win game.We cannot go into the Avs game after a loss tot he sharks. Defensively we have been pretty putrid the last few games since Soucy went down. Juulsen is obviously not the answer. I could not believe they didnt bring Wolanin up. Hughes cannot play 30 mins again. We are burning him out. Whoever starts this game in net better bring it because we need timely stops and no softies. Lets Go Canucks

So he could sit in the press box? It has been said many times that he is recovering from an injury.

Edit, looks like he’s playing.

Edited by Captkirk888
  • Cheers 1

There's still a long season to go. Even goalies need to be fresh and rested. You don't want to overplay Demko because in the past he was injured from carrying the team. Just my opinion though

demko is barely in the top half in terms of % of the teams game played so far i'm not worried about tiring him out.. if it was like a game every other night with some back to back sure.. the schedule is so light demko have one of if not the most days rest in between games of any starter in the league this season. 

10 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

This will be my son's first game! He turns one on Dec. 1st.

I gotta say, this has been one of my biggest dreams all of my life... 🥹

yeah I remember when I took my oldest son to his first game 20 years ago, he was barely 1, I remember passing him to the lady beside me asking her to hold him so I could go buy beer…..I forgot my wife was with me on the other side of me. Jokes, never happened but what did happen was a Canuck victory that night and I feel/felt same way! Enjoy the game and maybe ask your wife to get the beer 🤣 jk 

Cheers 🍻 Go Canucks Go 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mikeyman109 said:

games are only "must win" if there's an "or else" for the scenario. what's the "or else" for a loss when your team is 12-5-1 (or I guess 12-6-1 in your hypothetical) three weeks into November?

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that, at the moment, I have as much confidence in DeSmith as I do Demko.

It's kind of nice not caring who's in net.

Sad Cartoon GIF by Looney Tunes

Careful doing that Deb, this is usually what happens to me.