[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs San Jose Minnows at Rogers Arena, Nov 20, 7PM PST

Rocket-68

Upcoming Deals  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Canucks Land a fLames Player?

• Yes, Chris Tanev but only if the Canucks give up a 4th round pick or less - he's a rental after all.
    • Yes, the other Giraffe on D (Russian one this time), but only if he agrees to a trade / sign deal that isn't longer than 4 years
    • Never!!!!! Flames won't trade within Western Conference unless it is Tanev for Pettersson or something like that.
    • #3 aside (Petey), yes, but only if it is more than the Canucks (or any other team) would be willing to pay ... DON'T DO IT Allvin!
  2. 2. Where will the Canucks Big 4 Finish! Multiple Choice Allowed here.

• Boeser will win the Rocket Richard ... pfffftttt pffffttttt, it is BC after all
    • Boeser will hit the top 3 in goals scored but sadly not the RR trophy
    • Petey will win the Hart Trophy and/or lead the league in points ... once he gets back to 100% health, watch the F out
    • Huggy will grab the Norris but sadly will not match Bobby Orr and become only the second D-man to lead the league in scoring
    • Miller will pull an Oven-Chicken and score 50+ goals while possibly leading the league in hits by a top 6 player
    • Chaos Giraffe will win the Lady Bing, just not on the Canucks
    • BWHAHAHAHAAAA ... none of the above, see my comments below

2 hours ago, Wing said:

It's the chance to bounce back after a couple of subpar games. But Sharks have been playing better lately and Blackwood can steal wins so we can't take them lightly. I'd say put Demko in and get him back on the winning column. 

This is a tough one, I would play DeSmith and put Demko in against the Avs, however, getting a W back in Demko's column right away has merit. I just don't think Demko is wired that way and given Tocchet give exactly 0 F's on what I think, so who knows. From my watching Demko from the incredible bubble run to now, he thrives on challenge and is possibly looking past the Sharks (which he shouldn't do) I would put him against the Avs followed up by the Kraken as the redemption game - better chance to achieve wins / lower his GAA.

Just my 2 shekels.

Edited by Rocket-68

2 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Thanks for the story.  Akito Hirose's number is the vaunted #41, first worn by the legendary Robin Bawa, most recently worn by waiver-wire loss Lane Pederson, and shared with other famous names such as netminders Curtis Sanford and Jaroslav Halak, as well as undrafted Latvian trailblazer Ronalds Kenins and another waiver-wire loss, Jonah Gadjovich.  :towel:

I remeber Ronalds Kenins and him having a couple of monster games for the Canucks ... too bad he couldn't string those types of games together regularly. A few nice clips of him on Youtube ... thanks for the memory and thoroughly enjoyed watching a couple of his beat downs on behalf of his team mates.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

• Ribs changed the title to [GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs San Jose Minnows at Rogers Arena, Nov 20, 7PM PST
3 hours ago, robr1can2 said:

"hurled at the Rangers bench"? Good GDT! 👍

I see someone is paying attention and read the entire thread, gold star for @robr1can2 ... nice to have people read through the wordy parts 🙂

Edited by Rocket-68

2 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Sharks eat poop.

Actually its animals like rabbits that eat their own feces.  Because their bodies lack the abilities to break down the food they eat properly, they eat their "deposits" so they can get the full nutrients once it gets broken down by the digestive system.

Sharks actually don't urinate but rather they "store" it within themselves to be later "diffused" thru their skin.

That is all I remember from my first year Biology class at Langara (heh, this was *DECADES* ago 🤣).

And this concludes...

• Haha 1

I'm drunk on a Sunday night.... So let me tell you some facts.... 

1. Canucks will finish with 101 points on the year. 

2. Wolanin will end up with 22 games played at the NHL level. 

3. Tolopilo will get 5 NHL starts. 

Let's go!