[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs San Jose Minnows at Rogers Arena, Nov 20, 7PM PST

Rocket-68

Upcoming Deals  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Canucks Land a fLames Player?

• Yes, Chris Tanev but only if the Canucks give up a 4th round pick or less - he's a rental after all.
    • Yes, the other Giraffe on D (Russian one this time), but only if he agrees to a trade / sign deal that isn't longer than 4 years
    • Never!!!!! Flames won't trade within Western Conference unless it is Tanev for Pettersson or something like that.
    • #3 aside (Petey), yes, but only if it is more than the Canucks (or any other team) would be willing to pay ... DON'T DO IT Allvin!
  2. 2. Where will the Canucks Big 4 Finish! Multiple Choice Allowed here.

• Boeser will win the Rocket Richard ... pfffftttt pffffttttt, it is BC after all
    • Boeser will hit the top 3 in goals scored but sadly not the RR trophy
    • Petey will win the Hart Trophy and/or lead the league in points ... once he gets back to 100% health, watch the F out
    • Huggy will grab the Norris but sadly will not match Bobby Orr and become only the second D-man to lead the league in scoring
    • Miller will pull an Oven-Chicken and score 50+ goals while possibly leading the league in hits by a top 6 player
    • Chaos Giraffe will win the Lady Bing, just not on the Canucks
    • BWHAHAHAHAAAA ... none of the above, see my comments below

Tocchet needs to devise some new plays. Teams have analysed our systems and are finding ways to disrupt them. In particular both Flames and Kraken played Quinn very physically because they realise that most of our plays start with him. The Flames obviously sent Coleman out to hit him at every opportunity, and it worked. We gotta make sure the Sharks don't do the same

3 hours ago, Mikeyman109 said:

This has to be a must win game.We cannot go into the Avs game after a loss tot he sharks. Defensively we have been pretty putrid the last few games since Soucy went down. Juulsen is obviously not the answer. I could not believe they didnt bring Wolanin up. Hughes cannot play 30 mins again. We are burning him out. Whoever starts this game in net better bring it because we need timely stops and no softies. Lets Go Canucks

Wolanin is also injured, day to day apparently. I think if he is healthy, he will draw in.

14 hours ago, TheBrockStar said:

You forgot the GOAT, Andrew Alberts

14 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

OMG, you're RIGHT!  How could I have forgotten the truly incomparable and irreplacable AA41!  

I’m guessing Horton hasn’t. 

Edit: Need more coffee. I don’t know why I mixed up Rome with Alberts. 

Edited by Roger Neilsons Towel
Done fucked up

3 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Welll, Rome wasn't suspended for one game... :hurhur:

More caffeine needed. Don’t know how I mixed those two up. 

Just now, Rip The Mesh said:

We are going to be sooooooo scary tonight, the Sharks have just about 0 chance. 

Damn those look pretty sweet 👌

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

Must win game IMO, if these guys can't beat SJ without Soucy there are some major issues that need to be addressed.

Yup. while it's a long season, this is pretty much must win territory. Playing the sharks at home while attempting to snap a 2 game skid is just what the doctor ordered. 

If the guys can't get up for this game or can't win without Soucy, it's evidence that the team is not there yet and we need to get back to RTs "who are we to think we are anybody" mentality. @stawnsI think a game like tonight is a better marker for whether we are contenders or pretenders.

Even out shooting and out playing the sharks and coming out with the best advanced stats doesnt matter tonight if they lose. What I'm looking for is the ability to grit and bear down even if pucks aren't going in and willing it in eventually. Similar to Vegas' game 7 performance in the bubble when Demko was standing on his head. They need to show that they are willing to do whatever it takes to win. It's actually a really good character test for the team and I'm glad we are playing the sharks tonight. 

It will give management a better idea of which players have what it takes to win the cup. 

RT said last game there was about 6-7 players not ready to win a battle. I'm thinking there will be 100% buy in tonight. 

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Different San Jose group since we last saw them.

No easy games in this league. Need to come prepared to battle and out work the opposition, it hasn't felt like this team has been adhering to their identity as of late.

This. I feel the same way

12 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I am not looking forward to this forum should we lose against the Sharts. Really hope they show up and play one hell of a game.

Eh?  One game won or lost doesn't make or break a season.  And it's the Sharks.  Not like losing to the Laffs, Lames, or Coilers.

16 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Hoglanders' forte is the ability to get where he needs to fast. A very sought after trait. Just needs to pick and choose the right situation...

Some nights he looks like he should be a 50-point guy easily. He works so hard to get in to situations that look like they could result in glorious scoring chances, but pucks aren't going in the net. Maybe he and his linemates just need a couple bounces to go their way. But even if they are not scoring, keeping the puck away from the other team is a big asset to the team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Yup. while it's a long season, this is pretty much must win territory. Playing the sharks at home while attempting to snap a 2 game skid is just what the doctor ordered. 

If the guys can't get up for this game or can't win without Soucy, it's evidence that the team is not there yet and we need to get back to RTs "who are we to think we are anybody" mentality. @stawnsI think a game like tonight is a better marker for whether we are contenders or pretenders.

Even out shooting and out playing the sharks and coming out with the best advanced stats doesnt matter tonight if they lose. What I'm looking for is the ability to grit and bear down even if pucks aren't going in and willing it in eventually. Similar to Vegas' game 7 performance in the bubble when Demko was standing on his head. They need to show that they are willing to do whatever it takes to win. It's actually a really good character test for the team and I'm glad we are playing the sharks tonight. 

It will give management a better idea of which players have what it takes to win the cup. 

RT said last game there was about 6-7 players not ready to win a battle. I'm thinking there will be 100% buy in tonight. 

Exactly if one D is all it takes to derail this team that's an ugly sign, heck looking at Florida they went 11-5-1 without Ekblad and Montour. Canucks would be competing with SJ if they lost Hughes or Hronek for any extended time. No excuses tonight the Nucks need to win this game.

Edited by Mando27