[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs San Jose Minnows at Rogers Arena, Nov 20, 7PM PST

Rocket-68

Upcoming Deals  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Canucks Land a fLames Player?

• Yes, Chris Tanev but only if the Canucks give up a 4th round pick or less - he's a rental after all.
    • Yes, the other Giraffe on D (Russian one this time), but only if he agrees to a trade / sign deal that isn't longer than 4 years
    • Never!!!!! Flames won't trade within Western Conference unless it is Tanev for Pettersson or something like that.
    • #3 aside (Petey), yes, but only if it is more than the Canucks (or any other team) would be willing to pay ... DON'T DO IT Allvin!
  2. 2. Where will the Canucks Big 4 Finish! Multiple Choice Allowed here.

• Boeser will win the Rocket Richard ... pfffftttt pffffttttt, it is BC after all
    • Boeser will hit the top 3 in goals scored but sadly not the RR trophy
    • Petey will win the Hart Trophy and/or lead the league in points ... once he gets back to 100% health, watch the F out
    • Huggy will grab the Norris but sadly will not match Bobby Orr and become only the second D-man to lead the league in scoring
    • Miller will pull an Oven-Chicken and score 50+ goals while possibly leading the league in hits by a top 6 player
    • Chaos Giraffe will win the Lady Bing, just not on the Canucks
    • BWHAHAHAHAAAA ... none of the above, see my comments below

48 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

Exactly if one D is all it takes to derail this team that's an ugly sign, heck looking at Florida they went 11-5-1 without Ekblad and Montour. Canucks would be competing with SJ if they lost Hughes or Hronek for any extended time. No excuses tonight the Nucks need to win this game.

I think Suter missing is really messing the lines up as well.  He has been so good and it is noticeable when he is out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AmyTheGma said:

I think Suter missing is really messing the lines up as well.  He has been so good and it is noticeable when he is out.

Yeah, the defense has been noticeably worse lately. Suter and Soucy seem to make a difference. A bit worrying that's all it takes to break the systems though.

• Upvote 4

Let's play a game, anyone know who this Canuck is? Found this on a FB feed and don't recall the other jersey (WHL) perhaps but that isn't a Canucks WHL jersey. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable will correct me. 

image.png.7dc7ce36fabfe258f77e3682378d0696.png

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Canucks fans put so much importance on every win and loss. Like every outcome will somehow be season defining. 😂

Never change!

Literally, every GDT this season I've seen either "This is a must win", "Biggest Game of the season", "This is such a big game" lol

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Canucks fans put so much importance on every win and loss. Like every outcome will somehow be season defining. 😂

Never change!

yeah it's absurd. the only reason the team "must win" is to prevent their hysterical fanbase from melting down after every loss. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Let's play a game, anyone know who this Canuck is? Found this on a FB feed and don't recall the other jersey (WHL) perhaps but that isn't a Canucks WHL jersey. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable will correct me. 

image.png.7dc7ce36fabfe258f77e3682378d0696.png

Maybe?

#10  -  1969/70 Vancouver Canucks

Ted Taylor

Left Wing -- shoots L
Born Feb 25 1942 -- Oak Lake, MAN
[81 yrs. ago]
Height 6.00 -- Weight 175 [183 cm/79 kg]

image.png.42910c2f8273b98fe8dea24ce6ac2bfd.png
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

Literally, every GDT this season I've seen either "This is a must win", "Biggest Game of the season", "This is such a big game" lol

I’m in a chat group with some buddies who do the same thing. We will lose games. It’s inevitable. Some people just can’t accept that. Like that Calgary game. It was 100% a schedule related loss followed up by the Seattle game that was 100% bad calls (the first goal that started offside that led to an icing which led to a mad scramble to get guys off and the second high stick goal). Oh and don’t forget the non tripping call in OT versus the Rangers! Shit happens. We need to just move on! 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

While I'm joking around, I do think this game is very important. We lost our last 2 and not squandering a game against a bottom feeding team and getting back on track is what good teams do. I would genuinely be concerned if we don't play well tonight. And when I say well, I obviously mean win but also play with attention to detail and become more businesslike again as we have gotten away from that starting the Sens game. 

Canucks talking about how the wins early in the season will make a difference later. A loss against the Sharks here could also really hurt them down the stretch too. They must win these very winnable games. 

I think the Canucks will win this game, 'cause they're a better team. But saying that, VAN is better than SEA and CGY, so who knows. 

9 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Canucks talking about how the wins early in the season will make a difference later. A loss against the Sharks here could also really hurt them down the stretch too. They must win these very winnable games. 

I think the Canucks will win this game, 'cause they're a better team. But saying that, VAN is better than SEA and CGY, so who knows. 

We lost to Calgary because of the schedule. They were spent after defeating the Islanders in a big game where our ex captain was here. To follow that up in another city the very next day was too much. 

We lost to Seattle because of bad officiating. First 2 goals should not have counted. 

We will beat the Sharks. There is no question. All the zebras in the NHL won’t be able to stop our boys. They lost 2 in a row and are probably mad as hell about it!

1 hour ago, Juice said:

He was... not great last game. Few times watching him blast into the ozone get caught up ice, flying back and then blowing by his dzone coverage net front. Was like BRO WHERE U GOIN!!? Leave the chaos to the giraffe if you want to make this team.

Doesn't help he is only 170lbs either. If you are that light then you should be performing like Huggy, if not , well you might just end up like Rathbone. 

• Cheers 1