[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs San Jose Minnows at Rogers Arena, Nov 20, 7PM PST

Rocket-68

Upcoming Deals  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Canucks Land a fLames Player?

• Yes, Chris Tanev but only if the Canucks give up a 4th round pick or less - he's a rental after all.
    • Yes, the other Giraffe on D (Russian one this time), but only if he agrees to a trade / sign deal that isn't longer than 4 years
    • Never!!!!! Flames won't trade within Western Conference unless it is Tanev for Pettersson or something like that.
    • #3 aside (Petey), yes, but only if it is more than the Canucks (or any other team) would be willing to pay ... DON'T DO IT Allvin!
  2. 2. Where will the Canucks Big 4 Finish! Multiple Choice Allowed here.

• Boeser will win the Rocket Richard ... pfffftttt pffffttttt, it is BC after all
    • Boeser will hit the top 3 in goals scored but sadly not the RR trophy
    • Petey will win the Hart Trophy and/or lead the league in points ... once he gets back to 100% health, watch the F out
    • Huggy will grab the Norris but sadly will not match Bobby Orr and become only the second D-man to lead the league in scoring
    • Miller will pull an Oven-Chicken and score 50+ goals while possibly leading the league in hits by a top 6 player
    • Chaos Giraffe will win the Lady Bing, just not on the Canucks
    • BWHAHAHAHAAAA ... none of the above, see my comments below

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Yeah, the defense has been noticeably worse lately. Suter and Soucy seem to make a difference. A bit worrying that's all it takes to break the systems though.

We have a tough time playing BIG and physical still. It really shows even with a bit of that out of the line up. Ethan Bear or Hirose is not going to help that, sorry.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

We have a tough time playing BIG and physical still. It really shows even with a bit of that out of the line up. Ethan Bear or Hirose is not going to help that, sorry.

I don't think size is the issue. The defensive acument of Soucy and Suter is what's missing. We'd added in big Noah Juulsen and things have just gotten worse.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Canucks fans put so much importance on every win and loss. Like every outcome will somehow be season defining. 😂

Never change!

This season is solely a continuation of assessing the team IMO and improving from last year. I don't think all of us have some grand illusion that we are missing the playoffs one year and then going to the finals the next.

This team is still young and is just learning the tools to win on a consistent basis. 

Changes still need to be made and this team still has to learn to play good hockey consistently night in and night out. 

We are getting there but we are not there yet.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I don't think size is the issue. The defensive acument of Soucy and Suter is what's missing. We'd added in big Noah Juulsen and things have just gotten worse.

Juulsen? Oh my, sorry I was talking about NHL defenseman. :classic_biggrin:

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

Term keeps that from happening maybe?

Yeah I think it does. Garland is a good player, but nobody is going to take him on at his contract for the remaining term. If the Canucks wanted to move him, I think we'd be retaining on his contract.

Same could probably be said for Beau if we want to move him, retaining, taking worse cap back or adding a sweetener.

• Like 1

Several things I've noticed. I really like the way Blueger plays the game but he doesn't possess the same skill in areas like puck control and finishing as Suter. Even though Suter wasn't lighting it up until recently he added that play controlling skill that helped us push the pace and keep the ice tiled in our favor. Hopefully he is back soon.

Secondly, I don't think I can recall a team with so many names I don't know. Givani Smith, Jacob Macdonald, Nikita Okhotyuk, even Fabian Zetterlund.

San Jose has the third best faceoff % at 54.4 and we're 17th at 50.3. They are 32nd in goals for and against though. Ouch.

We need to clobber these guys. Should hopefully be a rebound statement game to get back on track. Boys should be a bit pissed.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

This is the most important, huge, pivotal, biggest, most significant must win game. 

Until it's over.

Then that title will be bestowed upon the next game.  

:hurhur:

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

This season is solely a continuation of assessing the team IMO and improving from last year. I don't think all of us have some grand illusion that we are missing the playoffs one year and then going to the finals the next.

This team is still young and is just learning the tools to win on a consistent basis. 

Changes still need to be made and this team still has to learn to play good hockey consistently night in and night out. 

We are getting there but we are not there yet.

What I'm shocked about is how consistent we've been most of the season. Yes our attention to detail started fading in Ottawa but in a different thread, I realized we are 3-3-1 against playoff teams and are 9-2 against non playoff teams (Cgy and Sea) 

I don't ever recall that level of dominance in "should win games". 

Combined with great coaching and players buying in, management is able to see where the team is lacking and as you suggest is better able to evaluate the needs of this team. 

It is clear that the next step for this team is an addition of a top 4 D Man. 

Its easier for management to do their job when the guys are doing what they are supposed to be doing on the ice and if we lose, it'd because we are missing pieces (Juulsen and Friedman) playing defence.

Thats not to say our guys are playing perfect hockey. RT talked about long shifts and some players not being prepared to come battle but what I love is that there is a certain set of standards and expectations that is transparent 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1