[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs San Jose Minnows at Rogers Arena, Nov 20, 7PM PST

Rocket-68

Upcoming Deals  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Canucks Land a fLames Player?

• Yes, Chris Tanev but only if the Canucks give up a 4th round pick or less - he's a rental after all.
    • Yes, the other Giraffe on D (Russian one this time), but only if he agrees to a trade / sign deal that isn't longer than 4 years
    • Never!!!!! Flames won't trade within Western Conference unless it is Tanev for Pettersson or something like that.
    • #3 aside (Petey), yes, but only if it is more than the Canucks (or any other team) would be willing to pay ... DON'T DO IT Allvin!
  2. 2. Where will the Canucks Big 4 Finish! Multiple Choice Allowed here.

• Boeser will win the Rocket Richard ... pfffftttt pffffttttt, it is BC after all
    • Boeser will hit the top 3 in goals scored but sadly not the RR trophy
    • Petey will win the Hart Trophy and/or lead the league in points ... once he gets back to 100% health, watch the F out
    • Huggy will grab the Norris but sadly will not match Bobby Orr and become only the second D-man to lead the league in scoring
    • Miller will pull an Oven-Chicken and score 50+ goals while possibly leading the league in hits by a top 6 player
    • Chaos Giraffe will win the Lady Bing, just not on the Canucks
    • BWHAHAHAHAAAA ... none of the above, see my comments below

50 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Maybe Bear is close?

Dunno, have to think they will bite the bullet and overpay to move Beau for d help.

43 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Likely scenario. Ideally Juulsen goes too

Is Beau, Juulsen and a 1st the new Raymond Ballard  and 1st?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

This season is solely a continuation of assessing the team IMO and improving from last year. I don't think all of us have some grand illusion that we are missing the playoffs one year and then going to the finals the next.

This team is still young and is just learning the tools to win on a consistent basis. 

Changes still need to be made and this team still has to learn to play good hockey consistently night in and night out. 

We are getting there but we are not there yet.

The goal is to reach playoff so the team see where they are.

They need those games when the going gets tougher.

Happy and positive prediction

1     2     3     F

VAN     4     1     1     6

SJ        0     2     1     3

Canucks start the game with some jump. They want this win. Hughes will lead the entire NHL in points after this game.

12 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Yes i know. Many teams will know the Canucks are desperate for a top 4 dman and the price to get one is by overpayment which includes the 1st and probably not Beau or Juulsen 

Indeed

All kinds of reasons we don't do this... unless Allvin is convinced we're at the trade a 1st for rental stage. Log jam issue w/ Myers when Soucy is back too. Pretty bunk situation 

Juulsen... groan

12 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

What I'm shocked about is how consistent we've been most of the season. Yes our attention to detail started fading in Ottawa but in a different thread, I realized we are 3-3-1 against playoff teams and are 9-2 against non playoff teams (Cgy and Sea) 

I don't ever recall that level of dominance in "should win games". 

Combined with great coaching and players buying in, management is able to see where the team is lacking and as you suggest is better able to evaluate the needs of this team. 

It is clear that the next step for this team is an addition of a top 4 D Man. 

Its easier for management to do their job when the guys are doing what they are supposed to be doing on the ice and if we lose, it'd because we are missing pieces (Juulsen and Friedman) playing defence.

Thats not to say our guys are playing perfect hockey. RT talked about long shifts and some players not being prepared to come battle but what I love is that there is a certain set of standards and expectations that is transparent 

Yeah good points and stat gathering on the quality of competition. If we can keep that up we'll be in great shape. We need to bounce back and get on a win streak again. That's the sign of a good team. Like Cole said good teams rarely lose two in a row, and certainly not three. What a competitive league though. The most parity in all the major sports imo. 

I agree on your assessment but I'm unsure of what management's take is on it. I also see that need for a RD but at what expense are we willing to pay? Especially with Myers coming off the books and the ever important Hronek, and Petterson contracts coming up next year. Rutherford also said at the start of the year we'd need a perfect storm this season which leads me to believe they might be willing to stand pat and build towards next year and hope we can get through to when Soucy comes back. It's really hard to replace him because we have no cap space and he'll be back in two months.

I'm confident that between RT and QH and the leadership group we'll come out guns a blazing!

Definitely need this game tonight after the last couple of inconsistent performances - the least that I expect from them is to outwork the Sharks tonight.  If their goalie makes 50+ saves, then be it. 

Also, they should be aware of the heavy fore check and the blocking a lot of shots tactics that have been present last few games - and make slight adjustments if needed.

Hopefully we get a good result tonight before meeting a potent Avs team.

Go Canucks

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Lol Juulsen is no Ballard. If he was, we wouldn't have this problem 

Juulsen broke his leg with Montreal, serious injury. It took years off of his development.

Hats off to him for making it this far.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

Juulsen broke his leg with Montreal, serious injury. It took years off of his development.

Hats off to him for making it this far.

It's not like they read this or even care what some Canucks fan thinks about their game.

Like sure, hats off to Juulsen for being better at hockey than most people on the planet, well done. Doesn't change the fact he needs to play better