NHL Players Mutually Decide to Just Stop Fighting After Waling on Each Other for Almost a Minute Straight

22 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Hands of stone was a fucking legend.

I believe what he said when he stated that he never said that, no mas, he said, no sigo, no sigo, no sigo.

It was Howard Cosell who claimed Roberto said no mas. 

There has never been, and never will be an era like that, Duran, Hagler, Leonard and the Hitman, Tommy Hearns.

So many awesome fights.

Duran vs. Balboa...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

8 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Duran vs. Balboa...

I know that Roberto was a sparring partner for Stallone in Rocky 2

As for that fight, he was partying, womanising hardly trained at all.

Not making excuses for him, he just knew that he wasn't a match for sugar Ray in that fight.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is that “no mas” Duran? 

Yeah if you believe a Bullshitting lawyer who became a  commentator, who never actually jumped in a boxing ring to fight.

I prefer to believe what the man himself stated, no sigo, no sigo, no sigo, which translates to 

I am not carrying on.

11 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Back in the day that fight would have just been getting started.  That's kind of like refusing to get off the stool and saying no mas after round two or three in boxing.

what about those hugging contests though? not all fights were top notch like that one.

5 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Yeah if you believe a Bullshitting lawyer who became a  commentator, who never actually jumped in a boxing ring to fight.

I prefer to believe what the man himself stated, no sigo, no sigo, no sigo, which translates to 

I am not carrying on.

He said “no mas” sugar Ray was embarrassing him with speed. Duran said “No mas”.  Watched it live. And I was cheering for Duran! 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He said “no mas” sugar Ray was embarrassing him with speed. Duran said “No mas”.  Watched it live. And I was cheering for Duran! 

I was watching it live as well, in he telly in a pub, and I never heard him say that, 

Or were you ringside ?

4 hours ago, Gurn said:

An interview with a very tough man, with a wicked sense of humour

Decent actor as well

Haha i have hear of him before, Johhny carson too... i was 13 before i started watching late night television, i had to watch something while i waited for 12:00 to come before i taped whatever movie was on showcase that contained Scenes of Nudity,Violence and harsh Language...I  loved me some david lettermans top 10, Conan Obrien's "in the year 2000", and "for me to poop on" dog... found Andy to be more funny than Conan. Jay was okay but i found Letterman to be funnier for at least 10 years before i found them about equally as good...

what surprised me abot Texx was how sharp witted he was... those statements and jokes within them have Layers upon layers to dissect. ill leave it at that.

Edited by Dankmemes187
  • Cheers 1